Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thursday's Threads: Halloween Edition

 


I'm sharing my Halloween outfit today! You're probably all getting a little tired of my candy corn theme every Halloween, but listen... I own all this stuff and I intend to keep using it. So likely, it will be candy corn theme for years to come. Sorry. Anyway, here's what we wore this week!

I think next year I want to get a new pad for Shiny and sell that one. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a replacement. 

Bridles: M Toulousse
I had found these bridles on sale a few years ago, and then didn't really like them that much. So I was planning to sell them, but instead they were relegated to our Halloween bridles. The browbands I decorated myself, but they are originally the ones that came with my La Cense bitless bridles.

Saddles:
Eros- Butet, Shiny- Custom Saddlery
Halfpad:
Ippico
Saddle Pads:
Both of their pads were handmade from small businesses, but I have to apologize because I have no idea what stores they are from. Both are several years old at this point.
Shiny's pad was advertised as a jump pad, but it's not. It's shapped more for a dressage saddle, and probably would fit a 16" best. Clearly it's too small for this saddle!

Boots: Equinavia (formerly known as Horze)

This roll of candy corn print duct tape is probably the most useful roll of tape I've ever owned. I used it to decorate these boots and also my own boots. And my stick... You'll just have to keep reading to see everything I've used it for.

So anyway, that's what the horses wore! And here's what I had on:
I got lucky and we had a warmish day on Sunday for Halloween. So I got to wear a super cute long sleeve tee instead of a hoodie.

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
Yep, you are correct. That is the duct tape on the helmet. This is the one you normally see with the rose gold accents. But for Halloween I popped those out and used plain black with a candy corn top. 

Top: Southern Hound
I found this last year via a google search, and had to have it! I mean, a candy corn patterned Pug?! Yes please.

Belt: C4
Honestly, I don't know what it is about candy corn pattern that I love so much. I'm not like super into eating candy corn. I mean, I like it fine, but only a few pieces. It's a lot. But this pattern is just so cute to me! I was super excited a few years back when C4 made a belt with it. Had to have it.

Breeches: Dover Wellesley 9000
Awhile back I found these glass candy corn beads but they were only available in bulk, so I wound up with a LOT of them. I made some bracelets, but still had a bunch left over. So then I had the brilliant idea to decorate some breeches with them. And well... I kind of love how they turned out! I lined the front pockets and then did all of the belt loops. Hopefully they survive the washer and dryer.

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Shoes: Amazon
Dreamers and Schemers made me stupid happy when they had these socks available. They also made gaitors and masks which I bought because I have no self control. Thankfully, I don't need to use either of those when riding at home. But I am prepared just in case!

Boots: Tuffrider Regals
This pair of boots is old, and was going to be tossed, until I decided to decorate them with duct tape. And now they will live on for years to come as my Halloween boots. I realized something was missing though... spur straps! So I made these with the duct tape too. Seriously. You can make literally anything out of duct tape. ANYTHING!

Stick: unbranded
Funny story about this stick. First off, it was really ugly. It was like beige and black and in really rough shape. I found it a million years ago when I was moving into a stall at a horse show. Someone had left it behind, probably because it was passed it's prime. I held onto it as a spare for many years. And then decided to bring it new life with the duct tape. I think it's fun!

Watch Band: Amazon
I had to. Sorry. Couldn't help it. 

Pia joined in the fun too!
Her outfit is from Target and her collar I think came from Amazon. I forget, I got it last year. 

And that my friends, is every possible item of candy corn I could come up with to share. I'll be putting the candy corn away until next year. 


8 comments:

  1. I was ready giggling and then I got to the bulk candy corn glass beads and those breeches and I just 😂😂😂 you commitment to a theme is unrivaled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breeches kill me! Lol! I think I'll wear them on Thanksgiving too...

      Delete
  2. you are amazing at this. I love your commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our talents... Mine is looking ridiculous! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Love it!! I really like orange, so candy corn is fun pattern that works well there. I, too, admire your commitment to a theme. I had no idea you could use duct tape to make all of those embellished items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duct tape is the greatest invention! You can do anything with it!

      Delete
  4. It's too bad Shiny's pad is so small. It's adorable -- I really love the scalloped edges on it! So different. Also, I echo everyone else: your commitment to a theme is amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the pad and wish it was a better fit. Hopefully someone with a smaller saddle will love it too!

      Delete