Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

I stayed up super late last night trying to finish holiday shopping. And you know what? I didn't actually accomplish anything I needed to. Not for lack of trying, I was just struggling to find the right things for the right people. Usually something jumps out at me, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll try again tonight. But that's not my whole confession. My confession is that when I finally did head towards bed, I kept trying to take out my contacts only to finally realize I wasn't wearing them. I had worn glasses yesterday since I didn't ride. Imagine that? Being so tired you don't realize you're literally poking yourself in the eyeball? Sheesh. 

Anyone else ever do this? Also, if you have suggestions for the man who has everything and has literally zero hobbies and doesn't drink, please send those my way. My dad is impossible to shop for. Last year I commissioned a painting of his boat and I think that was peak gift giving right there.

10 comments:

  1. I've definitely done that with my contacts :-P I know you said he has no hobbies, but does he like to do anything? Maybe Groupons for activities/experiences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the things he likes to do are outside my budget. Or like, he enjoys the theater, but has season tickets already at both local theaters here.

      Delete
  2. Hm. I like the above suggestions for "experiences", that's a cool one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree for normal people! Most things my dad enjoys are outside my paygrade. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Movie passes? A car wash punch card? A photo book of family pictures? A kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have 100% scratched the ever loving shit out of an eyeball trying to take out a contact lens that wasn't there.... whoops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness it's not just me! Also thankful I realized it prior to scratching the shit out of my eyeball!

      Delete
  5. My dad is equally miserable to shop for, so I have zero good ideas, but I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst! And sometimes he'll even be all "why did you buy this." Like dad, at least pretend to be grateful...

      Delete