Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit day!!! I didn't get too crazy this week and went with our barn colors again. I didn't get TOO logo crazy, but there definitely are a few today. I can't help it. It's just who I am. I'll start with the ponies!

Here they both are literally cantering over this purple jump. Guess I've bored them already.

Bridles: Both are wearing Camelot RCS Gold
Browbands: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
Bits: Sweet Billy's


Shiny also seems to really like the leather bits. Which is only annoying because I just have the one in her size, so I'll have to switch it between bridles. Maybe next month I'll grab a second one for her. 

Saddles:
Shiny- Custom Saddlery
Eros- Butet
Pads: 
Shiny- Mattes
Eros- The Hangry Mare with a Mattes half pad


I love both of these pads. But maybe the Hangry Mare ones a little extra because the quilting pattern is extra fun. Plus I like the idea of supporting a small, woman owned, USA based business. But I'm not abandoning Mattes either because they are very good at what they do. 

Boots: 
Shiny- Punk Ponies
Eros- Equestroom


So a couple of weeks ago I got REALLY EXCITED because Equestroom had one pair of green glitter boots on their site in PONY size! I've been stalking regularly waiting for them to come in so Shiny could have a pair too. Well... they arrived. 

And they're not much smaller than the full. I'd call them cob sized, not pony. So definitely disappointed. No chance they'll fit Shiny. Boo. So she's still wearing her old standby Punk Ponies boots. 

And here's what I wore yesterday:
I had to show the back view, because this is the shirt that I messed up the placement on the front logo... Lol. Still wearing it though! 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I think the harness might be more comfortable on this helmet than the wide brim. I don't wear this one as much in the summer since I appreciate the wide brim on sunny days, but it was cloudy yesterday so I picked it. 

Shirt: Stacie Original

This is just a cheapo Amazon tee I purchased at the height of the pandemic when I was making all kinds of stuff to stay busy. I like how the back of this one came out. But as I mentioned above, I put a small logo on the left side chest in the wrong spot. It's just a little too far off to the side so its awkward. Good lesson for future shirts though!

Belt: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks


Yes! It matches the browbands! Of course! Haha! I like how the logo is so subtle on this one. You only know it's there if you look for it. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman

You've seen these a few times. These are one of the pairs I found on Poshmark. 

Boots: La Mundial aka LM Boots

I don't wear these that much for a few reasons. The biggest being spite. I had such a bad experience with this company that it makes me resentful of these boots. The other reason is that they are now a little bit too big. My Celeris boots are also a little big, but since they use thicker leather I don't notice as much. These actually get a little wrinkly and I can feel that they're loose when I ride. I will begrudgingly admit though, that they are beautiful boots and the leather is very soft. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Do you have a theme you want me to wear in a future post? 

4 comments:

  1. Those Hangry Mare pads are so gorgeous!! Are they quicker than Mattes? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want a shirt with my farm logo. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things about having my own farm is having logo merch! Haha!

      Delete