Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 


Happy Outfit Day everyone! I had the hardest time deciding what to wear for this week. Sometimes it's super easy, and other times I just don't have any inspiration. So I finally decided to just some little fun and be a little eclectic. Here's what I came up with:

Pivo hates my new course so despite running my old red along with the silver at opposite ends of the ring, I got almost no good screen grabs and pretty much no good video either. Nor did the horses help! Some days are just like that. So above was the best I could do. Eros looks mad and Shiny looks like she's quitting jumping. Lol. Real life my friends!

Bridles: Both are wearing Joseph Sterling Bridles with Dark Jewel Designs browbands.



Saddles:
Eros- Butet
Shiny- Custom Saddlery

Saddle Pads:
Eros- Lettia, Ippico half pad
Shiny- Echt-Lammfell
I love a good happy face item, and Eros' pad is therefore adorable. I have a matching bonnet, but it's been too hot for bonnets around here. Shiny's pad is unexciting, but it's a really nice pad! So there's that.

Boots:
Eros- HKM
Shiny- Punk Ponies

Our otherwise pretty tame outfits needed a little sprucing up. What's better than some gold? I mean, Shiny's show name IS 14 Karat. She should wear gold more often.

Okay, so here's what I wore:

Simple... yet fun! Exactly what I was going for. 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS Wide Brim

They don't make yellow gold inserts for this helmet. Yet.... So I settled for the rose gold.

Tee shirt: Goodie Two Sleeves
Yellow is very much not my color, but for some reason I was really drawn to this shirt when I saw it. I think it just reminds me of my childhood. It's cute even if it is very yellow. 

Belt: Mane Jane
This photographed gray for some reason, but it was actually a black strap with a gold buckle. To match the horse boots!

Breeches: Ovation Aqua-X
These are also black... My phone was taking weird photos the other day I guess. I like these for hot days, they're very light weight. I don't think they're making them anymore unfortunately. 

Boots: Celeris UK
Okay, well technically I do have black and gold boots. But they are in my sell pile because I never really liked them. I don't allow myself to take things out of the sell pile, so instead I went with rose gold and black boots to match my helmet. 

Definitely not my most put together look, but it was fun all the same. Anyone have anything they want to see for next week? Any pair of boots you've been wanting to see? Send me some suggestions! (Only things I own though guys, I'm on a fixed budget now!)






5 comments:

  1. I just ordered my first DJD browband! Kind of. Fairfax browbands have to be screwed (literally, screwed, with screws. And they don't do custom orders!) onto the bridle so I can't use regular browbands, but I ordered a plain one that Amelia is going to take apart, put crystals into and sew back together. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's exciting! Amelia is so great to work with I'm not surprised she's able to do that! Can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. (fucking blogspot) - Amanda C

      Delete
    2. Blogspot calls your blog Null on my reading list... Not sure why it hates you.
      Thanks, me too!

      Delete