Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

I discovered something this weekend while doing storm prep around the farm. It would seem that the tasks I put off doing the longest (because I just don't wanna...) tend to take the least amount of time. Like vacuuming. Or cleaning the bathroom. Or putting up the windows on the barn.  I waited until night check on Saturday night to put the windows up because I wanted to keep the barn cool as long as I could. But we had a pretty serious hurricane forecasted and so they DID have to go up. Fortunately, the storm seemed to fizzle out and we wound up just having some wind and a lot of rain. ANYWAY, I then was all annoyed because I had to take the windows back down as we have another heat wave coming this week. But seriously, all that I-don't-wanna-ing about the windows was so ridiculous. It takes like five minutes to do. So I have to ask the question... WHY AM I LIKE THIS?! Please tell me I'm not the only one.

6 comments:

  1. LOL 100% not alone in that.... one of these days i'll get around to quitting procrastinating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I learned out I have 'dread procrastination' which is I always dread doing a task but then I do it and it's fine, the world got a lot easier for me because now I can argue with myself over how silly it is, maybe you have the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it had a name! Yes, I think that's what it is. I'm like ugh no don't make me. Why do I have to do everything myself... And then I do it and it's like yeah that was easy and took five minutes. And then I get mad at myself for being so lazy.

      Delete