Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession is that I bought some new reins for my sidepull bridle but didn't read the description to see how long they are... So they are short. 


They're fine for Shiny since she's small:

But for Eros they were very much too short. (They do however, match perfectly with the bridle AND were only $12 because yay for western reins!) I don't give up that easily though... I went hunting through my spare bridle parts and found some pieces for my two horse tack bitless bridle to extend my reins with. 

I'm not sure it's a permanent solution since CLEARLY they do not match. But good enough for right now. There's someone on Etsy that can make these reins for me in any length I want, but I don't feel like shelling out for them right now.   

So that's today's confession. Read your descriptions before ordering my friends!

6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when I was trying to DIY mason jar lamps and bought those absurdly tiny lamp shades and left them for like 6 my knees because I didn't feel like doing anything about it 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have assumed that reins are a standard length so don't beat yourself up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about exchanging them for the right length?

    ReplyDelete