Wednesday, August 11, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 


It was kind of quiet around here this past week which is nice! I was very excited to jump around the new course! I kept the fences low the first day (mostly for me...) so we could see the new flowers.





And then put them back up to regular height for day two. 





They were both pretty good on day one. Day two however... Shiny started out with zero interest in going forward. She kept breaking in the corners leaving us to either trot the jump or have to circle and re-approach. You can see my spurs embedded in her ribs in both photos... I got a little tough with her finally, and then she was much better. I think we need to start upping the work load on the flat so we have a little more fitness for jumpy days. Eros on day two was VERY distracted. It was a distracting day, the neighbor was being noise, the traffic was especially loud that day, and the pooly guy arrived to clean the pool all while I was trying to jump Eros. We're used to a pretty quest setting so it was a lot for him. He mostly held it together, but did get a little torpedo-y... It was a lot of jumping single fences and making circles and not so much stringing together courses. But that's okay. We all have those days!


Their Sunday funday was extra fun for them because I spent the entire morning with the Comcast guy finally getting the cable situation sorted out. So we skipped the actual ride part of the day and just did bareback grazing. Probably doesn't help anyone with their fitness, but what can you do? At least I can finally check the cable situation off my to do list. 


Pammon is still loving field life. He's dropped some weight so I had to have a conversation about that, but hopefully he'll put some pounds back on soon. I feel badly that I didn't notice it was happening until he looked pretty thin. But it was like he looked fine until he just didn't. 


I'll just keep dispensing lots of cookies. That should help too.  I got him some shoo fly leggins' since the other ones I got for him didn't make it. They're staying on and holding up great. I should have done that in the first place! 

In other news, my pool is finally swimmable AND the heater is working! So another thing off the list. Feels good to finally be getting some things accomplished. 

Oh, AND I actiually got IN the pool! Hoping to hop 
in again later today. We're back in the 90's this week.
Good pool weather!

And that's really about it from here this week. How about you guys? Do anything fun and exciting this past week/weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, yay for lots of jompies, but also yay for the pool and cable situations getting sorted! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! And just in time for a couple of heat waves!

      Delete