Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 

It's outfit day! It's been a hot minute since I've worn the cow boots, so I figured this was a good week for it. Also, I have to use what's in the barn right now and not the shed because of this...

Okay, well truthfully I discovered this when grabbing the cow stuff from the shed... But I'm not going back in there! Anyway... Here's what we all wore this week:

I have some other cute cow tops, but they're all too warm for ninety degree days. So expect a fun cow outfit day in the fall too!

Bridles: Joseph Sterling
Browbands: home made by me


Snap on browbands are my favorite. It's so easy to switch them around! I just wrapped these in ribbon so they're not super fancy or anything, but I love them!

Saddles:
Eros- Butet
Shiny- Custom Saddlery
Pads:
Eros- Hopeful Equestrian
Shiny- The Hangry Mare

The Hopeful Equestrian I think has closed up her shop. I had to file a claim with paypal last winter to get my money back for something I had ordered that never materialized. So I'm sad to no longer recommend her as she was wonderful to work with until that last time. I'll have to find a new person to sew up my crazy whims going forward... Maybe the Hangry Mare will want to think outside the box!

Boots: Celeris UK

The Celeris brushing boots are SO NICE! They are the same leather as their human boots and are lined with actual wool. The only down side is you can't really clean them. At least not these since the cow print is hairy. Thus, I don't use them all that often. But still. They're beautiful. 

And here's what I wore!

Yes. I wore tights. It's a very rare thing. 

Helmet: One K MIPS
I may or may not be contemplating making cow print inserts for this helmet... I have some extra black pieces that I think could pretty easily be made into cow print. Might be a good winter project!

Shirt: Ralph Lauren embellished via Cricut

Um yeah... that's sweat on my shirt. I should have snapped photos before setting up the grid in the ring, but I did not. Sorry, this is gross. But ya know, just keepin' it real over here.

Tights: Botori
I'm very much not a tights person. Not at all. I hate riding with my shirt untucked. I like wearing belts. BUT. I couldn't resist the cow print patches. Had to have them. Will also admit the cell phone pocket is perfect (these have one on each side). Anyway, as tights go, these are very comfy and I do recommend if you're into tights.

Boots: Celeris UK
Sigh. I just love these boots so much. They're just so perfect. The only down side is that they are way big now. Especially with tights. On the plus side I can probably triple up on socks this winter and they'll fit. So that's a benefit!

That's it for today! Cow print day is one of my favorites. What about you?


10 comments:

  1. I am endlessly amused by your dedication to these prints 🤣

    And that hornet nest 😱😱😱😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just really love a good theme. I probably should have been a kindergarten teacher. Except I'm afraid of children.

      Delete
  2. I adore the botori tights. They've converted me to tights. I love them.

    Your dedication to outfits is amazing. I'm just lucky when I wear something clean. I give myself bonus points if my shirt doesn't clash with my pants. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as tights go, they are really nice! I feel like they hold all the parts together and don't accentuate my cellulite. So that's a plus.

      Delete
  3. LOL bc of course you have completed cow outfits for both horses lol... i love it! also tho. omg that nest needs to GO omg :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's enormous and full of little ass hole hornets!

      Delete
  4. I love the cow boots. They are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY SHT at the nest in the shed. It's giving me goosebumps.

    The cow print boots - I'm dying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's getting exterminated tomorrow. Thank goodness!

      Delete