Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Truthful Tuesday



Today's confession is that I'm really kind of enjoying my one on one time with Pia. I miss Artie terribly. My house and life is definitely not the same as before. No one greets me at the door anymore. That's the worst part. Well that and he was always on my lap if I was sitting. P isn't quite as snuggly. But she's been a little perkier now that it's just the two of us. And it's easier to take her places (not that I really go anwhere...) as a single dog than trying to keep track of two of them wanting to go different directions all the time. 


We had a little bbq at the barn on Sunday as a send off for one of the juniors heading to college.  (The barn property is an old quarry, so it's a really fun place for a party!) If I still had both dogs, I likely would not have brought them. But with only P, I decided to take her along. She had so much fun! She's not particularly interested in the other dogs, though she and one other shy one seemed to semi make friends. The part she liked most was the little kids fawning all over her. She's always loved kiddos. It was fun to see her out and about enjoying herself. At 15, who knows how much more time we'll get together, but I'm going to try my best to make it fun for the both of us! 

Quarry sunset was pretty spectacular Sunday

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're able to have quality one-on-one time with Pia ❤️ and that sunset is GORGEOUS 🤩🤩🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's the best girlie.
      Wasn't it?! Better in person of course, cameras never do a sunset justice.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that Pia is there for you. And the location looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and hopefully she feels like I'm there for her too!
      Isn't it pretty! We can swim the horses in there too, but I haven't tried that yet.

      Delete