Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 


Ever since I was a little kid, I've always loved the look of a Letterman jacket. You know, the ones the athletes earned in high school? Leather (look) sleeves, wool body, big felt letter. One of the barns local to me had them as their barn jackets, and I always lusted after them. (Our barn didn't even have matching jackets...) I didn't play sports in school since I didn't want to give up any barn time, so there was no chance of me earning one the old fashioned way.

Well, you know what's great about being a grown up? You can buy stuff you've always wanted. So a little bit ago I went online and designed one. 

It's not quite perfect, but I put some notes on the order so hopefully they can make the little tweaks I asked for. (Like adding a space between Corner and Stable- they only allowed for 12 characters.) Either way, I'm gonna love it! I'm not sure when it's coming, since it's being made overseas and shipping is a disaster in general. But I'm super excited to finally have one.

Is there anything like this you always wanted as a kid? Did you still want it as an adult and/or did you get it?


11 comments:

  1. One of my barns had these. I think I still have it though I never really wore it much. The sleeves were always a little too long. #shortarmproblems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's annoying! I have monkey arms, so hopefully this one will be okay!

      Delete
  2. true story - i have always loved these jackets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! Lol! I can't wait to get it!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! I always wanted a foal as a kid and just got one this year! :-)

    I actually had one of those jackets in high school - I think as seniors we were able to buy one even if you didn't get one from sports. Our school colours were green white and gold, so the colours worked for me! I was so proud of it for about a year and don't think I wore it much after that! lol The sleeves were also super long on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny! I'm not sure how much I'll wear it, but I'm really excited to have it!
      Nice school colors! Ours were purple and white.

      Delete
  4. I actually played sports in high school (since I didn't have horses then) but my folks wouldn't shell out for the fancy jacket so I had all the pins and stuff and nothing to put them on! haha

    I actually think part of my impulse to collect all the matchy matchy things is that as a kid I only got to catch ride for other people so like nothing was MINE and now that it is I just buy all those things I would have loved as a kid and equally still love as an adult! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I think you're right. I was fortunate to have a horse, but things were a lot tighter financially back then. So we just had what we really needed. Also, I definitely never fully grew out of wanting all the pretty sparkly things. #noregrets

      Delete
  5. Our barn jackets were letterman like, mine is so freaking old and worn now. I STILL get compliments on it everywhere I go for it's retro look lol. I'm like it looks retro because IT IS old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I bet it's awesome! I love that you still have it.

      Delete