Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday's Threads: The one where Eros and I do not actually match

 

Happy Outfit day friends! I was feeling the need for spring, so I decided to wear some spring color, but I wasn't so motivated as to dress Eros for spring too. So we don't match today. Here's what Eros is wearing:

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: SmartPak
Half Pad: Kavalkade

Smartpak had these saddle pads on sale around the holidays for super cheap and were offering free monogramming. So I bought them for my stepmom for each of her horses for Chanukah, and well... I treated myself too. They came in only two colorways, these two tone blue ones which are the boarding barn's colors, and hunter with tan binding... MY farm colors! What are the odds? Shiny wears her special pads, so I just got them for the boys. 

Boots: HKM
I love the metallic color on these boots, but they really haven't held up very well. I think they'll be retiring soon.

Bridle: Camelot RCS Gold
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
Bit: Sweet Billy's Bits
For a cheaper bridle that I generally don't take care of, it still looks pretty good! Pammon's has lost a keeper, but Eros' and Shiny's are still going strong.

So Eros stuck with the farm colors this week, but I did not. Here's what I wore:
Trying to push the spring time with a little mint green... It's kind of working. But apparently going to be back in the 20's tomorrow. Boo.

Helmet: One K MIPS
I remembered a new helmet pic this week! Eros wanted to be in it too. I decided to the blue since the green clashed pretty terribly with the rest of my outfit. The blue mostly matches my coat anyway.

Sweater: Black Horse Clothing
Base Layer: Black Horse Clothing
Black Horse Clothing had a great sale on winter clothes, so I grabbed these two items. I had been drooling at this sweater for awhile. The base layer has thumb holes too which I find exciting.

Belt: Noble Outfitters
I have this belt in a few colorways. The green and tan one I bought immediately when it came out for obvious reasons. I have a purple one that was a gift with purchase at Dover awhile back. And then I found this one secondhand. They're not the highest quality but I like the colors and I think they're cute.

Breeches: Dover
Yeah. Still the cords. Hopefully something more fun soon!

Socks: Noble Outfitters
They don't really match my outfit at all. But they have Unicorns on them. So that makes them match everything.

Boots: Tredstep
Yeah. Same. Come one better weather so I can wear fun boots again!!!

And that's it for today! Any favorites? What are you wearing to ride in these days?






2 comments:

  1. We also had a brief taste of spring (70 and sunny on Tuesday!) before going back to our typical February-ish weather... which I guess is still an improvement over the polar vortex lol. However, all that snow melt means I still can't ride, womp womp. So I'm living vicariously through all of you with indoors (or in CA where you can ride outside 95% of the year lol) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! 70! We got to 48... lol! Whatever, it melted some of the snow!

      Delete