Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

Um... I had a few tackcidents recently. I was supposed to be not shopping so I can pay my taxes this month. But I'm on track for that, and so I had a few little slips... Okay, not that little. Worst part? They were the things I'm not supposed to buy any more of! Namely, boots and breeches. Also bad? I bought two of each. Oops.

So first up is breeches. Karen had a pair of RJ Classic breeches in the best teal color on her insta for a great price, so of course I needed those. To be fair, it's a color I don't have. I don't have a photo though, they are currently in the mail. Sorry about that. And the other pair of breeches? Well they are amazing, and also second hand, so I feel like that makes my purchase more acceptable. Plus... how do you NOT buy these:

Why yes, those ARE tie dye Pikeurs! I've seen a purple pair floating around the sales pages on FB, and I REALLY want them, but I've only seen them in a teeny size. So when these popped up, I got really excited. And then less excited because they're a size smaller than I normally wear. The seller said they had plenty of stretch so I took a chance and they actually fit great.

So then the boots... First was a pair of boots from Epplejeck. Problem with them is they arrived and the calf is too small. BUT they don't have an elastic panel in them, so I'm going to see if I can find a boot repair place to add one. They should fit if that gets put in. Anyway, these were on sale for just over $100 so I couldn't resist. Even with the alteration, they will still be pretty inexpensive. So whatever. Here they are:


Fun right?! These were XLW so I thought they'd be wide enough, but I have enormous legs. They didn't have a size chart for the calves so it was a risk. Hopefully I can get them to work. If you have a recommendation on where to send them to get the elastic put in, let me know in the comments please!

The others I feel a little ashamed about... It was a total impulse. Celeris posted on IG that they had some sample boots available. I ALWAYS look when they have samples because they sell them for less than half price and that's just a really good bargain. They never have any that would fit me though because I'm such a weird size. Fairly long calf (for my height), small feet, large WOMANLY calves. Most people don't have those dimensions. But this time? This time there was a pair of boots basically in exactly my measurements. Plus they're the Bia boots (full laces) so I can adjust them if needed.  And they are CRAZY. Like legit, would never, ever have these made. And probably if I wasn't so excited to see my size available in a sample pair I wouldn't have bought them. They're a lot, even for me. But I did it. I ordered them right there at first sight. They're already in the mail to me. Wanna see them? Of course you do. Here you go:

I told you. They are A LOT. But I'm here for it. I might even pair them with the tie dye breeches... I mean, 2021 is really just 2020 the sequel so I think we all could use a little too much in our lives. 

So there it is. I fell off the wagon. Whatever. If you feel the need to judge me, just move along. But if you're here for it too, let me know!

19 comments:

  1. Legitimately DYING at the second pair of boots and I'm gonna need to see them paired with the tie-dye breeches as soon as they arrive. Your adoring public awaits.... hahahaha.

    I am ALWAYS here for your shopping posts. Makes me feel so much tamer when I go crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Right?! I can't wait for them to get here. The great thing about them not being custom is the semi-instant gratification.

      Delete
  2. omg they're like cupcake boots -- with sprinkles and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously torn between cupcakes and, for some reason, Freddie Mercury!

      Delete
    2. YES! CUPCAKES BOOTS! Now I love them even more.

      Delete
  3. Omg those boots are obscene and they might have just tied for my favorite with the cow print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg those boots - I think I might like them better than the cow print. I shall forever think of them as the cupcake boots!

    And I am here for you. I live vicariously through your shopping, so please continue for my benefit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating my shopping indiscretions! Haha!
      I will also now refer to them as cupcake boots!

      Delete
  5. Those boots (all of them) are amazing. I would wear the cupcake boots whenever I needed to remind myself to lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, they are definitely light hearted!

      Delete
  6. Those boots... :O Everytime I think "Im gonna be a little wild"... it's by getting something navy lol. I keep eyeing Celeris but cant decide if they would be too stiff/ I would hate them so I keep getting cold feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should zoom with them. They have all different types of leather so some are stiff, but not all of them. My black ones were a bit until they broke in, but the cow print and the iridescent ones are ridiculously soft.
      So if you worked with them, I think they could direct you to what leathers you would like.

      Delete
  7. i cant say i would wear either of those boots but they look like something you would wear. I do like the breeches though. And now I want a damn cupcake. SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are fantastic! They look like Easter eggs, but they are happy,cheerful Easter eggs! Congrats on your new boots!

    ReplyDelete