Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 


Happy outfit day! In honor of my new found free time, I decided to wear my party outfit today. You know, looking on the bright side and all that.

Turns out, I do not yet have red solo cup boot socks... I hope D&S makes some!

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
One K seems to slowly be switching all of their models over to MIPS which I'm pretty excited about. I am hoping to replace my wide brim One K with the MIPS version this summer, and I *think* it will be available with rose gold rails just like the old model. Fingers crossed! In the meantime, I wore the blue one today.

Sweatshirt: unbranded
I mentioned to my dad yesterday that I feel a little like I did right out of college where my whole life lay ahead of me. Rather than being responsible and coming up with a new life plan however, I decided to embrace the college part and wear a party cup shirt. While I realize I can't spend as wildly as the before days... I do want to get some baby pads made with a party cup print... Adding that to the list!

Belt: C4
It just makes me giggle okay?

Breeches: Smartpak Hadley
I'm excited to not be wearing the corduroy breeches these days! Starting to add some colors back into my outfits!

Socks: Mare Goods/Dreamers and Schemers
I have a pair of solo cup socks, but they aren't boot socks. I thought these horses looked like they're having a party though. So I went with it. 

Boots: Celeris UK
Look!!!! Real boots! My feet were cold though. The high today was 43 and it was damp and rainy. I missed my winter boots. Gotta get those stitched back up. It is nice to wear something pretty again though. These were getting a lot of use prior to winter really setting in, and they still look fantastic (other than needing a good cleaning, sorry boots). 

Eros didn't feel like taking a selfie today so no bridle pic. But I do have pics of his pad and boots!

Saddle Pad: Mattes
Half Pad: Kavalrie
Saddle: Butet
I don't love this saddle quite as much as Pammon's (though I DO like it plenty, don't worry) but after it's cleaning and conditioning yesterday it is a lot grippier now. I snapped this photo post ride, and the pad slipped back a little. It does actually fit the saddle nicely when it's in the right spot. 

Boots: HKM
I keep saying it, but these boots are really getting ready for the trash. I just like the shiny blue so much I've been hanging on to them. When it's time to bring the horses home, that's when I'll chuck them. Promise.

And that's it for today! Any favorites? 


8 comments:

  1. Do both Pammon and Eros’ saddles have the same specs? Seat size, depth and flap configuration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're almost the same, but not exactly. Both are 17" with a C (deep) seat. Pammon's is a 4.5" tree with a 2.25 flap, while Eros' is a 4.75" tree with a 2 flap. I like the slightly forward flap a little more, I sometimes hit the blocks when I post in Eros' saddle. But mostly, the leather just seems a little different. Not as grippy and soft as Pammon's. Probably due to how the last owners cared for them I'm guessing.

      Delete
  2. Every time I think you can't possibly have a themed outfit I haven't seen yet, you do, and it always makes me laugh!

    Those boots are probably my favorite out of all of yours and I have so many regrets that our feet aren't the same size so I can't buy them off you if you ever get bored of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also love those boots -- one of these days i'll have a pair haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Charlie would look extra fab with some Celeris boots on his sides...

      Delete