Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thursday's Threads

Outfit Day! It's officially fall today, boooo. BUT it is in the 80's so I have no complaints. With the change of season comes a change a in color scheme though...

Boom! Fall colors! Sort of. I think if you pair mint green carefully, you can make it work in any season. I may be wrong. But I do it anyway!

Top: Ralph Lauren
Confession: I found this in my drawer with all the tags still on. I'm pretty sure I've had it for awhile now. Oops. It's a fairly basic tee with a nice boat neck trimmed in brown kind of lacey type something. It's a little different without being to crazy.

Pants: Blue Spice
These are a recent addition. I'm regularly wishing I had a good light brown pair of pants, so when I saw these in Marshall's for 16.99 I couldn't pass them by. They claim to be high waisted, but they're more of a mid rise which I like just fine.

Shoes: Sperry
These are from the kids department and are pretty old. I'm sure they've been on here before. I love that they're metallic!

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Left is sporting a couple of stretch bracelets that I made. They are mostly wooden beads, with some stone and metal square beads to mix things up. I'm also wearing my apple watch.

Right:
Righty kept it simple today with two equestrian themed cuff bracelets from Swanky Saddle. I was worried these were going to break in no time, but so far they're holding up great. I've been wearing them most days, and even have showered in them a couple times (oops).

And of course I have a riding outfit to share too!

I may have gone a little too far with all the green... I could have at least not stood next to all the covered trunks! Ha! Oh well.

Top: J. Crew
I had actually worn this to work the other day and was too lazy to change when it was time to ride. It's a cute top, very light weight, so it's great for almost any season.

Breeches: Horze Crescendo
You've definitely seen these before. When they first arrived I thought I might hate them as they appeared to have a very high rise. But they don't actually, and are super comfortable. I sized up needlessly though, and if I decide to get them again, will just get my usual size.

Belt: No Brand
I found this green leather belt strap on Ebay awhile back. I love that it fits my H buckle!

Boots: TuffRider
I think the time has come to retire the Sport Boot, so I've been wearing this pair of Regals more and more. The Sport Boot has zippers that no longer stay up and they're starting to get a little dry rot. I can't complain, I've had them a couple of years now and taken pretty much zero care of them. The Regals aren't quite as comfy as the Sport Boot, but they're also not nearly as broken in, so hopefully they'll get there. Seriously, anyone looking for a comfy pair of knock around boots, that you could also get away with in the show ring, give these a try!

Spurs: No brand
Spur Straps: Ovation
Yep, those are indeed green spurs. This my friends is what happens when I have a slow day at the desk job. I find things like green spurs on ebay and buy them. They're kind of awesome though, no? Obviously if you have ridiculous green spurs, then you need to pair them with equally ridiculous rainbow glitter straps. Rules,  ya know?

So that's what I'm wearing today! Any favorites? What do you have on?

8 comments:

  1. Love those swanky saddle bracelets. I need to get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I really like them. I really thought I was going to break them when I squeezed them tighter, but they're still in great shape, despite multiple stretching and squishings.

      Delete
  2. Really like the bracelets from SS. I can't wear nice shirts to the barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised by the bracelets! Absolutely worth the money.
      I totally SHOULDN'T wear nice shirts to the barn! I get so filthy. I got this one super cheap on sale, so I didn't feel too guilty.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the plaid button up for riding -- very fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that I can wear them to work AND the barn... even if I probably shouldn't.

      Delete
  4. I like the green spurs! Kind of a fun accent :)

    ReplyDelete