Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday's Threads: Birthday Suit

Hahaha! Just kidding. You didn't really think I'd bare it all on my blog did you? No one wants to see that! But it IS my birthday, so I'm wearing my favorite color, both for running and for work! MINT!
Here's today's ROOTD:
I won't show you everything since there are lots of repeats (shoes, tights, bracelet, watch). But here are closer looks at the top and the skirt:
Top: Champion
This one is nice and fleecy inside which was perfect for this morning's chilly run. Seriously, WHEN will it be above 40 in the morning?!
Skirt: Fila
This is probably my favorite skirt. It has mint stitching, so obviously that's a huge factor. But also, it fits really well. I was worried when I bought it because it doesn't have a draw string. But it stays in place nicely. The built in mint tights fit well too, no chaffing!

And now... Birthday outfit!
Pastels for my birthday! If you've been around awhile, you know I love mint. And lavender. And pink. And pretty much all things pastels. (And also neon, but that was yesterday.) Clearly I'm a child of the 80's. Jealous? You should be.

Top: Pink Rose
I forget where I found this one, but I'm guessing it was probably TJ Maxx or Marshalls? I wish it was a MD instead of a large, but I do recall it being the only one. And it's sort of cropped, so I like that it's a bit longer being a large. Love the basket weave stitching on it, and of course, the color!

Pants: DKNY
I don't know why these look gray in the photo... but in the picture above you can see that they CLEARLY are lavender. Those of you here from the start of Amateur at Large may recognize these. They were featured WAAAAAY back in one of my very posts. That makes these babies two years old. And I still love them. They're a bit tighter than they used to be... But I think they still work! (Please don't tell me they don't. I'd rather not know.)

Belt: C. Wonder
I'm not sure why this always looks upside down in photos. It's not, I promise. I have two of these belts and two buckles. This belt reverses to navy and the other one I have is black on one side, brown on the other. The other buckle is just gold toned, no color in the center. I can switch the buckles around making just two belts and buckles into endless combinations! So fun! Plus I got them on sale both times, so obviously a huge win!

Shoes: T.U.K.
Why yes, those ARE unicorns on my shoes. So kind of you to notice! I love all things pony, and since Unicorns are fancy ponies, obviously I love them too. I found these beauties on Modcloth. And while I may have overspent on them, I feel they were totally worth every penny. I mean, mint, pink, and lavender? WITH UNICORNS?! What's not to love? Oh and they're actually comfortable too.

Arm PARTY! And boy is it a party today!
Lefty:
I was a little ridiculously overboard with the matchy-matchy today, but it's my birthday and I can do that if I want to. Here on lefty are a few of my favorites from BaubleBar. Purple and mint spikes! Feminine, yet a little bad ass. Plus my trusty watch of course. I almost wore my mint watch... but honestly I forgot to swap. Can't go wrong with a gold watch anyway!

Righty:
I just couldn't make decisions this morning, so I wore all the pretties. ALL THE PRETTIES! I can't remember the brand on the first one up there... but it's mint, purple, and gold, so definitely one of my faves! I had gotten that one before Little Black Bag went away. Next is another from LBB, this is by ETK which I'm pretty sure is a division of Ettika. The other two are both from Ettika. So much love for these mixed media bracelets! I'm so glad it's the season to break them back out!

What are you wearing today? Are you dressing up like a five year old like me? I hope so!









No comments:

Post a Comment