Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thursday's Threads

Happy Thursday everyone! Sorry I'm so late getting this post up today. I was holiday shopping online really busy at work! So as you know from reading lately, it's miserably cold here. But hey, at least it's not snowing like in Buffalo! 6 FEET of snow up there?! That's insanity. I wouldn't even know what to do. Oh winter... I know you haven't started yet, but I can't wait till you end. In the meantime though, I do get to show you all my warm sweaters and amazing boots! So let's see which ones I chose today:

Yep, I went with my favorite go-to staples: dark jeans and a cable knit sweater. You can never go wrong there. NEVER!

Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger
I think I actually prefer the Tommy Hilfiger cotton sweaters to the Polo ones. They seem to hold up a lot better and not shrink quite as much in the dryer. That said, I do wish I had gotten this in a medium as it did shrink some. It fits, but I would like it a tad longer.

Jeans: Vigold
I'm pretty certain you have seen these before. If not them, then definitely their slightly lighter colored cousin that I have two pairs of. I love these jeans, they were super cheap and are SO COMFORTABLE! Also, they're a good length for me which is hard to find. I'm short, but not really short enough for "short sized" pants. These are just regular length and are perfect for me. Hence my owning three pairs of them.

Boots: Seychelles
I know I say this a lot about my shoes... But I LOVE THESE BOOTS! So. Much. I found them on Rue La La maybe two years ago. And I almost didn't get them because I was on a bit of a no-buy. But I eventually caved. They were marked down to something crazy like $45.00. And they are beautiful, butter-soft leather. They fit like they were made for me. (The custom riding boot company who can't seem to make boots do that for me should take notes.) So much boot love for these.

Belt: Clever With Leather via She Rides I Pay


For those of you who aren't horsey, the buckle on this belt is modeled after a figure-eight noseband that our horses sometimes wear. They look like this:


The rest of the belt is the softest leather imaginable. You can even pick the colors! I bought this one as my your-horse-was-bad-at-finals consolation prize. It made me feel better. A little.

Jewels!
Necklace: Fornash
Fornash had a 60% off sale and I may have bought myself a present... I love this necklace and have worn it several times since getting it last Friday.

Lefty:
Well yeah, so maybe I bought myself presentS.... Bracelet and ring also from Fornash. I mean, for 60% off it would be silly not to get the whole set. And it's costume jewelry not real gold, so it was barely even a splurge!

Righty:
This leather bit bracelet is also from Fornash, but it was already part of my collection. (Apparently I need to own ALL the bit jewelry.) The ring my mom got for me when I was in high school. It is real gold with little diamond chips in it. It's so pretty and delicate! (I'm not sure what is going on with the shadows in this photo... in real life, my hand is only one color...)

Bag: Gucci
Obviously since I'm wearing brown and all of the bit jewelry, it only makes sense to carry the brown, bit embossed Gucci bag. Duh. Also I pretty much use this every day unless i get unlazy and decide to switch over to something that actually matches my outfit. So really I just got lucky that it matches so well today. Details.

So that's it for today! What are you wearing? How's the weather where you are?








No comments:

Post a Comment