Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thursday's Threads: Thanksgiving edition


Sorry I'm tardy with this post! But since today is Thanksgiving, family before blog. Sorry readers! But to make it up to you I'll give you a two for one today! Also, it's a photo-light edition as I forgot to take close ups, and I'm already in my jammies.
First up, my Turkey Trot outfit!

Every year for the past... I'm-not-sure-how-many years I've run the local 5 Mile Turkey Trot. Some years there is a big group of us, while other years there are less of us. But it's always fun to get a little silly and really enjoy the run! Last year Vanessa (pictured above on the left)  made these adorable turkey ear warmers for us. They are so perfect, because the last two years have been QUITE CHILLY! Yep, capital letters chilly. This year was warmer than last though thank goodness!
The tutus I made this year. I had stopped at the craft store just to get some stringing material for bracelets, and somehow I came home with tutu making supplies! I should have taken better photos, they came out really cute!
The socks are from Living Royal and are surprisingly nicer that I expected when I ordered them. Also, FYI, finding knee high turkey socks is not impossible, but it's SUPER CLOSE!
My leggings are from Under Armour and the amazing jacket is from Lululemon (a gift from my stepmom). My sneakers are Mizuno's. I am so in love with Mizunos. I wish I had tried them sooner.

Outfit #2, Thanksgiving dinner clothes!



Seriously my lack of closeups is really sad. This tan looking cable knit Ralph Lauren sweater actually has metallic gold thread throughout the whole sweater, but you can't tell from these pics. I thought that made it fancier. (We're a pretty casual family, so really more than adequate.) The jeans are from Seven, and have gold thread on the back pockets. The boots you've seen before. They are the amazing Tahari boots I got super duper on sale from DSW. But the best part of my outfit? I finally wore my ridiculously over priced belt!


Of course it was barely visible under my sweater, but I knew it was there. I'm so glad I splurged. This belt really makes me happy.

Thanksgiving dinner was such a nice time! There are a lot of us: My mom, my dad, my stepmom, my brothers, sister-in-law, niece, step-grandma, and my sister-in-law's family too! (Her mom, sisters and hubbies, and grandma.) We had a great dinner, and it was so nice to see everyone. I hope you all had a great dinner and time with family too!

No comments:

Post a Comment