Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Stridebox!

It's been awhile since I've showed you all the wonderful goodies that come inside my Stridebox. I think this is probably my favorite sub box. The items are high quality and exactly what I would pick to try at the running store. It's like they know me! (Creepy?) So let's see what was inside this month's box!

Fuel:
Power Gel:
 Gel's are great, I love them when running long. Of course, I haven't run long in FOREVER so I haven't really been using them. But now that the tundra has frozen over, I'm riding less and should be running more soon. I'm not sure I'll like orange dream, I'm more of a mocha or chocolate kinda girl, but I'll give it a try!

Promax Protein bar:
 I'm always rushing from one place to the next, and often don't leave time to prepare meals. Protein bars are great for breakfast on the go, and I can't wait to try this one! They're also great for their intended use: Pre run fuel and post run recovery. But in my case this will likely be breakfast.

Gu Chomps:
I LOVE Gu Chomps! I was so excited to get the black cherry this time. I have yet to meet a Gu Chomp I didn't find delicious. But here's a confession: I don't actually like them for fuel during a run. They're a little too big for me to try and eat while running. But they make a fantastic snack. So tasty!

Hydration:
Sword Ginger Citrus mix
 I have't tried this yet, but it sounds interesting... I'm not a huge fan of sports drinks, but I'm always on the hunt for one that is delicious. Maybe this will be it!

Runa Guayusa Tea

I'm only an occasional tea drinker, but I'm excited to try these! They are caffeinated which I rely on more as the days get shorter (I'm solar powered. Cannot function without daylight!) plus it appears this company is doing quite a lot to preserve the people and forests of the Amazon. (The jungle, not the company.) I'm all for giving back!

Other Food type items:
Well this is a new item for me! Caffeinated gum! I'm not a fan of attempting to chew gum while being active (hello, choking hazzard!) but I think I might like it for an afternoon pick me up at work. I do have to watch my caffeine intake some as a I have a genetic irregular heart beat (thanks dad) that is heightened by too much caffeine. It's not dangerous, but it is uncomfortable so I try to keep it in check. I can't imagine there's THAT much caffeine in a piece of gum though. I'll have to research that. I bet this is great for driving too.

The Stuff:
Flashing armband



Ok, that "video" isn't working right I don't think, but I was trying to show you how fun and amazing this light up armband is. It's both lightweight and adjustable making it comfortable and VISIBLE while running at dawn, dusk, or dark. It has three settings: quick flashing, slow flashing, or just stead on. And it's neon and lights up, so obviously I think it's awesome. I wonder if I could start working all these flashing items into my normal wardrobe? Probably not. I might try though.

Sticker:
This obviously needs to be my motto. I'm such a lazy runner lately. I need to JUST GO!

So that's my November Stridebox. It's $15.00 a month, and in my opinion is always a great value. They do not have a referral program, so I do not benefit if you sign up. But I think you'll love it!

4 comments:

  1. Good box! i LOVE LOVE LOVE that sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to listen to the sticker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacie,

    Our creator and CEO would like to offer you an opportunity to try all four of our new flavors of SWORD. We're horse people too coming from Lexington, KY! Let us know if you'd be interested (drinksword@gmail.com), and we can send some to you in the mail shortly!

    ReplyDelete