Monday, May 5, 2014

Rio's HOME!

Happy Monday Readers!
I know you've all been waiting excitedly for this post... The trek to bring Rio home.
The forecast for Thursday in CT was wind and driving rain. Much like the day I brought him to Cornell. Not surprising I guess. Fortunately, when I checked the weather for Ithaca, it said mostly sunny skies. So only part of the drive would be nasty. Of course, the entire CT portion of the journey was bumper to bumper traffic:


Once in NY though, it was smooth sailing! About halfway through I followed some signs to a gas station that sold diesel in a town called Parksville, NY. Have you ever been here? It's a strange little place! When pulling off the exit, you stop at a four way intersection. Looking left and right, the Main Street appears abandoned. It looks straight out of around 1950. I looked it up online here but there's no mention of it actually being deserted. Very odd... Anyway here are some photos I grabbed quickly at the stop sign since there wasn't another car nearby anywhere.






I finally arrived at Cornell around 1:30 PM.


I had the chance to speak with the vet about Rio's new needs, what meds he was taking and for how long, and the damage to my credit card. It all took about a half hour, and by 2 we were on our way HOME! The drive home was beautiful, mostly because I had my boy with me, but also the skies had started to clear up:


 Of course once in CT more traffic....


Finally at 7:45 we pulled into the driveway, and found this adorable surprise waiting:



My neighbor is so thoughtful! 5 lbs of carrots AND a balloon bouquet welcoming Rio home. He sure is a loved boy.

Life at the farm is SO MUCH BETTER now that Rio is back. Even Ducky and Jamp seem more relaxed. I shall leave you with some photos of Rio feeling happy to be home again.


2 comments:

  1. That city does look kinda scary! I'm glad your boy is home and hope he's enjoying his carrots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the strangest place! I kind of want to go back and explore... But it's really far away so I won't.
      Thank you! I'm so glad he's back!

      Delete