Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


I was going to chat all about Al and how challenging he makes my life, but instead I have much grosser thing to confess today. The real confession is that I generally try to carry too many things at once because i hate making multiple trips. I really love efficiency. Like I plan my errands around a big circle so I don't waste time driving back and forth to get places. 

Which brings us to this evening. I had ordered some Poppi soda because my grocery store doesn't carry the ones that taste good. It was delivered while I was riding my first horse, so I brought it back to the barn so it wouldn't be sitting in the sun. But then, when I was leaving the barn to go back to my house at dinner time, I needed to carry this awkward size and weight box, along with my purse and tote bag and keys. Which was completely doable, except that I also wanted to close the barn doors so it would stay warm enough in there to keep the horses naked until night check time. 

So there I am, holding all these things and trying to slide the barn doors closed. They're pretty heavy since they're HUGE and made entirely of wood. You may recall that my knee is missing an attachment point... Well. Apparently, I must have tried to pivot on that defective knee. Which... it doesn't really do that anymore. So I felt something slide out of place with a little popping sound in case I didn't feel it. Which didn't hurt, but was like... gross feeling. And the worst part, was that it then had to pop back when i straightened my leg. Ew. Guys. I honestly don't have words to describe how disgusting that was. It wasn't painful, just like... ew. 

So that's my confession. Maybe this will teach me that sometimes making two trips is better than one.

6 comments:

  1. Now that’s different. And yes we always want to carry everything even when it’s not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm please don't wreck yo'self carrying in the groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate making multiple trips. Which flavors of poppi are your favorite? Mine would have to be orange or grape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. If I can pick it all up, it's going in one trip!
      My current favorites are Cherry Limeade, Strawberry Lemon, and Watermelon. I do not like the Cola or the Mr Pib at all.

      Delete