Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thursday's Threads: The one with some bonus material

 

Outfit Day! I will admit that the usual suspects are repeat photos, but I do have two bonus (non riding) outfits to share because it's my birthday week and therefore I can. We'll save those for the end though. Shiny wanted to model for us this week, so here's what she wore today:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling

I dunno about you, but I'm getting pretty excited to have some more bridle variety on Thursday's Threads soon. For now though, this bridle photo is a little cuter than normal thanks to Cinch photobombing. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Anyone else really sad about the Hufglocken/Mattes depairing? I've found a few other source, but nowhere with as good pricing. Thankfully, we're pretty well stocked for now. Especially given my shopping freeze. I do love these pads though! Worth whatever I have to pay in the future.

Boots: Premier Equine
We brought back the PEI boots for this last week at the boarding barn. Figured we might as well wrap up with a navy outfit. And I like these boots once the weather turns warmer since they're fairly lightweight. 

That's what Shiny had on, and here's what I was wearing today:

But then actually, I had to wear a sweatshirt over this because it was a lot cooler than the weatherman promised. Oh well. What can you do? 

Helmet: Samshield
I'm happy to report my face is nearly healed and I will do my best to share a fresh photo next week. Plus, I'll hopefully be wearing a different helmet. You know. For VARIETY!

Top: Luyaa
This is the Amazon knock off of the Lululemon shirts. It is also identical to the ones that TKEQ sells. Big fan.

Belt: Designer inspired
I scored this belt from Ebay many years ago. Still going strong!

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
These are the color Charcoal. They look nearly black in real life. Kind of like what your black breeches eventually look like after you've had them awhile. 

Boots and Half Chaps: HKM Killarney

Yes. Recycled. They still look the same though! Promise! Haha! I'm still liking these a lot and I think you'll probably see them some this summer too.

So that's what I rode in today. But here are some funny outfits I wanted to share also. First is my Birthday Outfit!

That's right. I wore a cupcake for my birthday. Both on my sweater AND on my belt! Been awhile since I've worn this sweater. It wasn't supposed to be a barn sweater back when I got it, but like... everything is barn clothes now! Haha!

Okay, and now this outfit below is what I'm wearing post riding today. (It warmed up!)

It makes me giggle because it is new. (Yes, I admit I bought some clothes recently. However, it was BEFORE the truck happened. So please, allow me some slack there.) Anyway, I stopped in at Kohl's a few weeks ago to update my wardrobe a little bit. And I found this super cute outfit that I was pretty excited for. And then I realized why it was calling to me. Guys. I've already owned this exact outfit. I wore this regularly my senior of college and the summer after. I mean, back then I think I bought it at Express. But now it's at Kohl's. And pretty much exactly the same. Also, am I maybe too old to wear these trendy things? Possibly. But I've never been accused of acting my age, so I'm going with it. Plus it covers all the things that need covering, so I think it's okay. 

Alright. That's all I've got today. What do you think of the current trends? A lot of you are younger than me, so you might not remember them having already been around. But those that do recall, what do you think? Glad it's all back or should it have stayed in 2002?

2 comments:

  1. that blue + gray outfit is basically my uniform erry day lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't go wrong there. I pretty much wear that same outfit in different colors for most of the year.

      Delete