Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Tropical Edition

 


Outfit Day! And it's ridiculous. Because we're overdue for some silliness around here. Those palm trees I got for the one jump made me so ridiculously joyful I decided we should dress to match them this week. Shiny was the obvious choice to model for this outfit because there's pink. A lot of pink. Here's what we had on along with our inspirational fence:

I mean really. Could it be any more ridiculous? No. It cannot. But it also is adorable and fun. Life's too short. Wear all the pink.

Here's a better view of Shiny's outfit:
I made her pose with the jump. She thinks I'm annoying. She's not wrong. But it's worth it. 

Bridle: Pinnacle
Brow band: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
I do have a palm leaf brow band, but I didn't see the cob sized one when I was pulling out our outfit. I'm sure it's in the bin, but I thought this bridle would work nicely with the outfit anyway, so I didn't do too much digging. I'm happy with this with the outfit. Not as happy that I got such a poor photo of it though! The sun was not cooperating with the direction Shiny insisted on looking in. 

Boots: Uhlan
I stumbled upon this brand when I was hunting for some lightweight pink boots. I really liked the ones that have been advertised on Instagram from Airstride, but the price tag on those is kind of insane for what they are. So I found this brand from the UK with a similar product. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived and are even nicer in real life than they look on the website. If you want a reasonably priced mesh boot, check them out. They come in a variety of colors including brown and black. Not an ad, I don't have affiliate code or anything. I just like these and figured you might too! They do run a little large though, Shiny is wearing XS. I got medium for the boys, and they are pretty generously sized.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Sheepskin Liner: Eskadron
Saddle Pad: Lettia
You guys have seen this one before, we use it during spirit week at the other barn for Tacky Tourist day. But it's so perfect with our jump! I never imagined I'd have so many occasions to use this pad, but here we are... 

That's what Shiny was wearing, and here's my outfit:

Heehee. All the pink shades. And some palm fronds.

Helmet: One K
I considered wearing my pink helmet with this outfit, but it doesn't fit all that well. And with how Al's been lately... I want a good fitting helmet on my head right now. So I went with the black One K with rose gold front shield and rails. So it still has pink on it!

Shirt: Spiced Equestrian
I really like these shirts from Spiced Equestrian. And honestly, I thought they had closed up their shop, but I just googled them and they are very much still around! This shirt isn't there anymore though. Sorry. It's a pretty glorious party shirt. I kind of wish the background was pink though. I guess I could dye it...

Belt: Equetech
I used to be all about subscription boxes. I even used to write reviews on another blog for different boxes. They really are fun! But they are also expensive and so I don't get them anymore. Except for one. Because it's fantastic. It's called Forelock and Fringe and comes from the UK. Anyway, all that to let you know that this very light pink belt came in one of those boxes. They send things frequently from Equetech and the items are all really nice quality. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman in Pinky
I didn't realize the focus was on my shirt in this photo and not the pants. Sorry about that... Kind of hides the stains though, so there's that! So these breeches... I really wanted them, but didn't want to pay retail because they're going to be stained and awful in no time given how light they are and what a slob I am. And at some point I found a pair in size 30 that were brand new but on consignment for a great price. But then I lost some poumnds and they were too big. So I sold them. And I was sad that I no longer had pink breeches. And THEN, I found these. They are not my usual size of 28 though. I took a real chance on these, but the price was right. They are actually kids size 18. Which fit well, but the rise is a little lower than I like. But good enough! And truthfully the length on the legs is a little better than what I normally wear. So it balances out with one thing being less than and another being better than. Right? Right.

 Boots: Celeris
You know? I love these. They're a hair loose in the calf because these were my old measurements, but not so loose that they aren't comfortable or rub. I really just love the boots from this brand. They're great quality and so comfortable. 

That's it for today! Any favorites? My favorite is still the palm trees on the jump. They're fantastic. I have no regrets about spending money I shouldn't have on those. NONE!

6 comments:

  1. omg those pink boots - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't wear them as much as I should. I love them too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacie, thanks so much for your lovely comments about your belt and our brand - we really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for making such wonderful products! And thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  3. I love that shirt and the whole outfit rocks.

    ReplyDelete