Thursday, January 25, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! Already. Time flies. Shiny's the model today because it's her turn, and she loves her pad this week.

So here's what she's wearing:

Is this not the most awkward angle I could have possibly chosen for her? No one tell her I posted this. It's a bad angle, but she still looks adorable if you ask me. Furry little yellow buffalo. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but back in the summer I finally replaced Shiny's Joseph Sterling bridle. Her's was made of up of extra parts that I put together for her, but it never matched perfectly. I had some bonus bucks to spend this summer so I upgraded Shiny to a new JS bridle, which she's wearing here. They've made some changes to them, and I think for the better. The original had the noseband that threaded through the crown up and over. But this new one is a monocrown, so no more long strap over head. I think monocrowns sit a little more nicely, so I was very happy with that change. I'm not sure exactly what else is different, but the bridle just looks a little nicer and a little fancier in general. But I can't say exactly what the difference is. Maybe just that it matches... Lol! Either way, if you're looking for a new bridle,  recommend these still. They're wonderful, and at a ridiculously good price point. They are absolutely show worthy too.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Awhile back... maybe two winters ago? I ordered a bunch of these pads that are sheepskin lined all around the edges. The horses seem to get really sensitive in the winter and get rubs from anything that touches them. So I got these pads to help with that. At the time, this green was a new shade from Mattes, but at this point it's been around awhile. Pretty sure it's called racing green but I'd have to double check to be positive. I absolutely love these pads and this color especially. I've been a loyal Mattes orderer through Hufglocken, but something definitely went down between the two companies recently and Hufglocken is no longer carrying Mattes. Kind of devastating because they offered impressive sales even on custom. I've been sleuthing around the interwebs to find another vendor that comes close to Hufglocken pricing, and I think Pink Equine is going to be the next best option as far as affordability. I don't have any extra money for new Mattes pads at the moment, but that is where I plan to order from when the time comes. 

Boots: Eskadron
These are the same as the ones Al was wearing last week. Each equine has their own pair because I love them very much. Both the horses and the boots. Ha.

So that's what Shiny is wearing this week and here's what I had on today:

I had wanted to wear this outfit last week with Al's saddle pad, but two things didn't work out for that. First, it was way too cold for these pants, and secondly, I couldn't find this sweater. Thankfully, I found it this morning and it was weirdly warm today so I didn't even need another layer on top to ride! Crazy. 
I didn't take a new helmet photo because I forgot, but I wore the Samshield and I'm sure you don't need to see it again. So we'll just skip over that.

Sweater: Ariat
Long sleeve shirt: Luyaa
This sweater is many years old at the point, so you've seen it before. I still like it though. it's a classic style so I don't feel like it's unstylish despite its age. It's a wool blend so it's warm without being heavy, but I still chose to layer a long sleeve shirt underneath. Since it was warm out (fifties today!) I just went with one of my long sleeve athletic shirts rather than a second wool layer today. It was the right choice, I was comfortable all day.

Belt: The Sugar Lady (Etsy)
I don't have a belt that's exactly the shade of this sweater, but I went with Rio's belt because it's pretty close. I'm so impressed with how well this belt is aging. I wear it fairly often, but it still looks brand new. I still really love how it came out. 

Breeches: RJ Classics Harper
These are more of a dusty rose color in real life versus this kind of purple-y mauve color the camera wants to make them. I'm a big fan of this color, and have been trying to find some horse boots that match. Seems like it's about to be popular for spring, so maybe I'll find something then.

Boots and Half Chaps: Celeris UK
Heh... I forgot to take my knee brace off before this photo, but there it is up there! My PT thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to ride in it. Not so much for the riding part because that rarely bothers my knee, but mostly for dismounting since that's when I tend to re-injure myself. So far, I think it's helping as I've successfully dismounted without issue since I've started wearing it. Anyway, back to the boots. Yes, my sweater is a near perfect match in color to these! The breeches aren't exactly rose gold color, but I think it's pretty close. I like the combo anyway. I probably didn't need to wear all this sheepskin stuff today, but I wasn't overly warm with it on, and I really wanted to complete the look. The things we do for the blog! Ha! 

That's it for today! Any favorite items? 

5 comments:

  1. My mobile browser still doesn’t like my google account. Ugh.

    I am really sad about Mattes and Hufglocken parting ways. I commented on one of Hufglocken’s posts and they said Mattes let them know they’d no longer be working with them. Bummer.

    Pink Equine or Piaffe in Canada look to be the best bets for custom orders now that Mattes and Hufglocken are no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me. I perused Piaffe's site and it looks like they only place bulk custom orders every so often and the next deadline is February 4th.

      Delete
    2. I bet they'll get a lot more traffic without Hufglocken and may be able to order more frequently. I'm betting they have minimums which is probably why things took so long from Hufglocken. Perhaps Piaffe is just more transparent about it.

      Delete
  2. doncha just love how it isn't the riding part that ends up being so dangerous, but the last little moment of just hopping off?? i absolutely wrecked my ankle once landing badly from dismounting tall charles... bleh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! You survive all the shenanigans and danger and then ruin yourself getting off the horse. Calmly and in no danger.

      Delete