Thursday, January 11, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! Okay, I definitely lied about sharing my winter boots this week. I had very much planned to, but then the weather took a lovely turn for the warmer so my feet would have been much too warm in those. Maybe we'll try again next week! So this week, we'll be skipping helmet and boots since I wore the De Niro's and the Samshield as per the recent norm. I did have a cute-ish outfit on though! So we can look at that.

I'm not sure if you've all noticed but various shades of tan are very much having a fashion moment right now. Which is good because I own many tan items. 

Sweater: Old Navy
I somehow found myself on the Old Navy website whilst holiday shopping this year. And well. Let's just say I did not find any gifts for my family, but I found several for myself. Oops. I picked up this sweater in both this camel color and also a nice pine green. Then I discovered that they had a puffy vest and jacket in the same green and maybe I bought those too. Stop judging me. But feel free to bring up these indiscretions when I'm whining about not affording to horse show. That's fair. 

Belt: Mane Jane
This is one of my favorite Mane Jane straps, and it's definitely getting more wear this year. 

Breeches: Dover Wellesley
My winter go to for pants! They aren't winter lined or anything, but they are heavier than TS, Equiline, and RJ's. I really feel uncomfortable in multiple pants layers, or overly thick pants, so these are a nice alternative. Plus they fit nicely and don't fall down like Pipers. 

That's what I had on this week, and for the horse outfit, we're doing something a little different this week. Eros feels very left out because he hasn't been able to model a riding outfit. So this week, he is modeling his walking outfit. 

He is sporting his Two Horse Tack halter with the leather crown and a matching lead line. Both are labeled with zipper pull tags (that I use as blanket tags as well) from Thoughtful Colors (on Etsy). His blanket is the Amigo Insulator 350 gram. All the horses wear the same outfit at the boarding barn, so all three kids have this one on right now. I actually really like these blankets, and would consider them for at home too if they came in green. But they don't, and the Kentucky ones are so much nicer, so we will stick with those for now!

I know what you're thinking. You think I forgot to take photos of Al's outfit today and that's really why Eros is modeling his pajamas. Well. You'd be right. But hey, I think it was a pretty good save! Sorry. I've been a bit distracted lately. I will try and do better!

2 comments:

  1. not gonna lie, i'm always amused by rules about matching barn colors.... my poor horses get dressed in the most hideous clashing clothes haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mine did too when I was younger, I think that's why now that I CAN dress them in matching clothes I do. But at the end of the day, as long as they are warm and comfortable, they certainly don't care what colors they are wearing!

      Delete