Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursdays Threads: It's cold out edition

 


Happy cold weather outfit day! I'm looking forward to next week when we get to enjoy some weather in the 40's... In the meantime, it's low 20's and I have warm clothes on. But they're still fun! AND they're not blue.

See? Not blue! Definitely not blue.

Helmet: Samshield

Still wearing this one. It only has about a year left in it, so might as well get all the use out of it!

Sweater: Ralph Lauren

Yeah, it really is as bright as you think, and no this photo doesn't do the brightness justice. I've had this sweater for many years now (I also have it in a few other ridiculously bright colors) and I've never allowed them to be barn sweaters. Mostly because they are cashmere which is much too nice for horse slobber. Unfortunately, as not meant for horse spit as cashmere is, it is also ridiculously warm. Like better than wool even. This particular one developed a small hole on the side of my left boob area though, and so now it is officially barn worthy. 

Belt: Designer inspired

It's not quite as bright as the sweater. But it's close.

Breeches: RJ Classics Harper
Maybe not the warmest choice... But they were the right color. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in the name of Thursday's Threads. 

Boots and Half Chaps: Celeris UK

I couldn't get the camera to pick up the color that well on these, but they are very nearly exact to the breeches. They call the color Petrol but it leans more green than blue. There's a story to why I have these. You see, I bought the paddock boots last year on sale from a dressage store that stocks some Celeris items. They were on sale I think for Black Friday and happened to be my size. I thought they would match well with the trim on my full chaps, but alas, my full chaps just don't fit me like they used to. I need to get them to the cobbler to make some adjustments. Anyway, so I had the boots and then at some point Celeris had a sale and I ordered the half chaps. Both are sheepskin lined so super warm:


Obviously, I didn't wear them during the summer or I'd have died from heat stroke. But they're fully in the rotation now that it's miserably cold out. I can't say they are AS warm as those ridiculous winter boots I wore in years past, but they are definitely warm. This morning it was 21 degrees in the indoor when I rode my first horse. My feet got cold, but did not go numb, which my toes will go numb in 45 degrees in regular boots. Long story slightly shorter, I do recommend if you're looking for something for winter. 

That's what I had on, and here's what Al wore on this chilly day:

Yep, return of the butt cape! Tis the season.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
Same bridle. I have just two for each horse at the boarding barn for the winter, and Al's other one has his jumping bit on it. So we mostly use this one. Plus, it matches everything!

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy
Half Pad: Mattes
Quarter Sheet: B. Vertigo
Funny thing about this quarter sheet... It used to be navy, but it's faded and somehow matches pretty closely with all this green stuff we wore today. It's a chameleon sheet! If you're looking for a nice quarter sheet that doesn't static zap your horse, I recommend this one. It's a wool blend, and I've never had any static troubles from it. It's also not clingy, so doesn't it pull on the horse at all when they move underneath it. 

Boots: Eskadron
You've all seen these many times before. I love these. We use them a lot. We have them in navy also, because you know... If you like it, might as well pick it up in another color. 

That's it for today! Any favorite items from today? Do you have winter lined boots?

2 comments:

  1. sheepskin lined boots sound prettttttttty good right about now! it's been COLD here too!

    ReplyDelete