Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


Today's confession is that I think I'm too old to be not riding for a full week... I got on my first horse today and it was like I hadn't ridden in a year. I mean, it went fine and all. But I felt like I had to find my balance where normally you just do that without being conscious about it. Then my second horse was Al... Who had a full week of no riding. So that went about as well as you might suspect. But it wasn't the worst ride we've had so I'm going to go ahead and call that a win. Anyway, when I got on him, I felt like I had to think extra hard about how to use my legs. Though perhaps he was also being a little extra in his choice to ignore those legs. I'm guessing it was a little of both. I didn't do anything too crazy with any of them today. The older guy that I usually get to ride was worked while I was away, but none of my own horses were. Al had a free lunge most days and a couple of days he lunged with the rig, so he did something each day while I was gone, but not like real work. Shiny had a full week of just turnout (which I think she really enjoyed) and Eros is currently hand walking only, so he did do that and will continue to for awhile. Anyway, I figured after a week off, I'll probably be a little sore from riding three, and they might be too from sitting around. Tomorrow we'll start adding more real work to our rides. I'm sure Shiny will be thrilled... Ha! She was lazy as can be. I think she thought she was retired. 

So that's today's confession. I'm officially old... Makes me ponder a little harder about whether or not to fix my knee. I mean if I'm this out of sorts from a week off, imagine after several months! Sounds terrible. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh yea that’s how I feel about fixing my ankle - I don’t wanna take that time off! Flip side tho is…. It won’t get any easier either….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, this is true... but it won't be all that much harder if I wait a little longer... Right?

      Delete