Thursday, February 2, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! It's pretty chilly today, but seasonally so. The misery comes in tomorrow. I'm still pretty well layered today though.

Am I wearing two sweaters? Yes. Yes I am. And also added both a vest and a coat for riding today. How many days till spring? Also, yes. This is how I look in the morning. Mornings aren't my favorite.

Helmet: Samshield
Yep, still wearing this. And you best believe that I will be putting the winter liner in for tomorrow's rides. 


Sweaters: Asmar Equestrian
When I was on vacation a few weeks back it was very difficult to ignore all the after Christmas sales flooding my inbox. I may or may not have purchased a bunch of sweaters from Asmar. They aren't wool, but are still pretty warm. Cotton/cashmere blend... mostly cotton. I like that the sweaters come in matching colors so they layer really nicely. They're marked down to around $50 (some a little more, some a little less) and I think are a nice deal if you're in the market.

Belt: Tory Burch

It's shockingly tricky to match greens. But this belt is a pretty solid match today's sweaters. I like the Tory belts, they're similar to the Mane Janes (also similar to Hermes if you're fancy like that).

Breeches: Dover Wellesley

You guys all know by now that I'm a big fan of these breeches for the colder days. I think tomorrow I'll be busting out the corduroys, but these worked pretty well for today.

Boots: Celeris UK
Wore these again today, but yes, tomorrow I shall be busting out the furry boots. It is time.

Shiny is our model today, and her outfit... doesn't exactly match today. We can't be winners every week! Anyway, here's what she had on:

Bridle: Camelot RCS Gold
I should have used the spike browband bridle today. But I gotta tell you, it's nothing short of miraculous that I am on her in time for our 8:30 lesson. There was zero chance I would remember to grab the other bridle. And really... it kind of works with the rest of the mismatched outfit. (You'll see.)

Boots: Eskadron
I really like Eskadron brushing boots. These are such a pretty shade of green. I actually bought two pairs for everyone since they're limited edition. Figured this way I can keep a set in the trailer for schooling if and when we get to some away shows. Plus we'll have a back up for when inevitably these wear out.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
Quarter Sheet: Horze
Told you. We did not match very well today. I don't have the green quarter sheets at the barn this year. So we had to stick with navy for the back half. I think she was happy for the butt warmer. It was only 20 degrees in the indoor for our lesson. Ugh. Also, in case anyone is wondering, she wasn't quite herself this morning. I think she's a bit sore/stiff from her little stumble yesterday. So we opted to just do a flat lesson today and kept it light and easy for her. I'm sure she'll be feeling better in a day or two. Plus it's going to be a very light (if any) work weekend anyway due to the cold. 

So that's it for today! I'm not sure yet what we're wearing next week, but I'm thinking it might be back to blues. Time will tell!


2 comments:

  1. “Am I also wearing two sweaters? Yes” —-> me every day this weekend LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I think I went up to three on Saturday! The weather was nuts this weekend. Negatives to forty in like 25 hours.

      Delete