Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! We went back to navy this week. Time to switch things up again! But like... not too much so I'm still wearing the same helmet and boots. I'm gonna skip those photos this week cause you know what they are by now. Shiny is our model today, so let's start with what she had on!

Bridle: Camelot RCS Gold
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

She's the cutest. It doesn't matter which bridle she wears, cuteness abounds regardless.

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
I showed you guys the green version of this pad a couple of weeks ago. Well... Um... yeah, I also got them in navy. What can I say? Hufglocken had a 30% coupon and you all know how I have a problem when it comes to a good deal. So here we are. 

Boots: Premier Equine
I really just wish PEI would make these in hunter green. They fit all the horses great, they are lightweight, and pretty breathable. Alas... so far they only come in blue, black, or white. I'd even settle for a brown pair... In case anyone over at PEI is reading... (Which I doubt, but hey, you never know!)

That's what Shine had on, and here's what I wore:

Pay attention to the colors of my clothing in this photo as they are most accurate here... The close ups not as much. Cameras are weird.

Sweater: Luiza Vera
I have a bunch of these merino sweaters that are pretty inexpensive on Amazon. This is the navy, even though it looks gray here. This one fits a little weird though. I think it may be a size bigger than the others. Not sure, as it was a gift and for some reason does not have a size tag. Regardless, they are the best barn sweaters around. Machine washable and inexpensive.

Belt: Pampeono
This is kind of the unofficial barn belt for the winter barn. It's in the barn's colors as a stock colorway, so that's super fun, and even more fun, I found it for a really great price from a website in Europe. Love me a good deal AND a pretty belt. I have a similar one in my own colors, but it is currently in a very safe place... meaning I can't find it. I know where it is, but it seems to be buried pretty deep. 

Breeches: RJ Classics
These look REALLY blue here, but in real life I can't decide if they are blue or gray. Depends on the light. Though I guess if they're photographing this blue, then they are probably blue. The color is called Fog, and I snagged them for a crazy deal from Riding Warehouse's clearance section. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
These brought the nostalgia hard for me. They're scratch and sniff stickers! I'm not sure if you young ones had these growing up, but when I was a kid, these were the coolest stickers you could get. You scratched them and they released a scent. I mostly remember fruit ones, but there was also a popcorn. Probably other stuff too. But I'm really old and it was long ago. 

And that's it for this week! Any favorites?


2 comments:

  1. i'm not allowed to buy fancier saddle pads until i get better at doing horse laundry more often LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you see, if you have more pads, you can drag out laundry day that much longer!

      Delete