Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Shiny Edition

 

Outfit Day! I must preface this post by saying I forgot to take a bunch of necessary photos today... so there will be some recycled ones, and well... one that's just kinda lacking. You'll see. We'll start with the human outfit today. Here's what I had on:

Now you see why I said it was the Shiny Edition. But wait, there's more! 

Helmet: Samshield
I actually didn't have the winter liner in today, it's warmed back up. But figured I'd use the newest helmet photo I had.

Sweater: Ariat
Ariat came out with this sweater a few years back, and I had to get one obviously. Shiny said it's her favorite sweater of mine. 

Belt: The Crafty Fox
I think you all know, but in case you don't, Shiny's show name is 14 Karat (like the gold). And one day, I was scrolling the FB and saw a photo of already stitched and finished needlepoint belts available for sale. They were display belts that had finished their job. And one of them was this one! I figured I had to buy it since it was my size and had my pony's name on it. Who else would want it? Probably only me. I contacted the lady selling them and she told me that this belt was very special to her as a dear friend had made it. That friend has since passed, so it's kind of bittersweet to sell it. Clearly, it's a very special belt! I had inquired with the seller about their rates for finishing belts since I have a pile of them here to get done, and she included her price sheet with this belt when she sent it. I thought that sheet looked very familiar, so I dug into my stash of crafts and realized that this was the lady my mom and I used to get our belt canvases from. Back when I was a junior in the mid to late 90's, I was fortunate enough to qualify my special little horse for Harrisburg and Washington several years in a row. While we were there showing, my mom and I each year would get a new belt canvas. It gave her something to do while she sat around waiting for my two minutes in the ring each day. And it was a great distraction for me when I was sitting around being nervous for my two minutes in the ring... There's an awful lot of free time when you're at a show for many days with only one horse. And said horse required basically zero prep. Anyway, she's excited to finish the belts I have sitting around and she recognized all of them when I sent a photo. Such a small world. Sorry for the novel about this belt, but I thought it was a fun story.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman

You all have seen these pants before. The color is called saddle (the above photo is a little washed out, more accurate representation in the first photo up at the top of this post). When I first saw them come out I thought they were hideous and couldn't for the life of me figure out who want them. Turns out, it's me. I wanted them. And I wanted them badly! I found these on sale at Big D's for well under retail, so that was a win. They are a size smaller than I normally wear though... Stuffed myself in for that price!

I bet you're wondering why I'm not wearing my Shiny socks. Unfortunately, I caught one on a floor nail the other day and now I only have one Shiny sock. Wompwomp. Eventually I'll order another pair.

Boots: Celeris UK
Yep still these. But my feet were cold today. Should have gone with something warmer!

Okay, so I completely forgot to take photos of Shiny in her outfit today. Which is especially bad since this is the Shiny Edition. But well... these things happen. Enjoy some old pics and one (okay two) of just a saddle pad.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I had to go back almost a year in the archives to find the appropriate photo... So at least it's been awhile since she repeated this look... Ha!

Boots: Eskadron
Heh, well yeah. She wore these last week for you too. They're worth repeating though.

Saddle Pad: Mattes

I ordered these pads for all the horses in the fall in preparation for winter. They all seem to get winter rubs from EVERYTHING. Saddle pads, blankets, you name it, it rubs them. So I figured these pads with the sheepskin all around might be the answer. Of course, since I was prepared, Eros and Al are pretty rub free thus far. But Shiny has a slight one starting from her pad, so I brought this out for her. The rub hasn't gotten any worse, so I think it's doing its job. I like that they didn't roll the sheepskin around the edges, but rather just have it extend past. That way it's not SUPER fluffy. Just fluffy enough.
It's also a new shade of green from Mattes called Bottle. I actually like it better than the other green we have. 

And that's it from today! Sorry I got so wordy... I had a lot to say I guess! 

Also, separate issue, if any of you got a friend request from me on Instagram today, that is NOT me. My same old account is NOT hacked and still safe. OG is still me! The new one is an imposter. Promise. If that one requests you, do not accept as they will then do the same to you. And if you wouldn't mind reporting that fake account, I'd be appreciative. The fake is the one with the _ at the end of my name. Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

  1. The story about your belt is so cool! I love that sheepskin pad, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great story?! Funny how things align sometimes.
      I love that brand for pads. Definitely recommend!

      Delete
  2. Omg that sweater is adorable lol

    ReplyDelete