Wednesday, November 2, 2022

What's Up Wednesday

 

The weather is kind of amazing here right now, and I am here for it! The leaves are mostly done falling which is depressing, but it's been close to 70 degrees here the last few days. So we've been able to ride outside at the winter home. The ring is enormous, and I think Eros and Shiny really are appreciating that extra space. Especially during warm up time. I rode Al today mostly at the walk with a little trot thrown in, but since it was our first ride there, I opted to not use the entire ring. We have to work on refilling that trust bank. Baby steps. He was a very good boy though. But that's today. Let's catch up on our last week at home!

I mentioned last week that the Gator needed to go in for a new drive belt. It took a few days, and then it came back like this:

I think its cushion blew off while it was getting towed. Oops. So on top of the mechanic bill I also had to order a new seat. Boo. What can you do though? These things happen. Seat should arrive I think tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to change. Looks easy enough. (Famous last words.)

The horses had a fairly easy last week at home. We got a lot of rain early in the week, and the footing was pretty squishy until Friday. Eros did squeeze in a jump day though!


I was somewhat noncommittal about whether I was going to jump, so I left everything at Shiny's height. It was a fun no pressure bop around and Eros was perfect. (Of course!) I didn't end up jumping Shiny. She's just been super sluggish and I didn't feel like begging her to jump around. She's been more forward the last two days, so I think having more space is helping her warm up better. I haven't yet gotten on the lesson schedule, but I plan to for next week. Let them settle in some and also, let's me see which lessons might be a good fit. Lots of new people over there, so I just have to see who rides at what levels/heights. 
Al is looking pretty good and he'll be getting his feet trimmed in the next few days so hopefully we can get back to work. I may let the trainer enjoy him for the first few real rides while I'm riding the struggle bus with my trust issues. We'll see how things play out. I'm not too proud to ask for help when I need it!

I was super happy that Sunday, though overcast, was a nice day, and we were able to have our last Sunday Funday at home! Al enjoyed a light hack and then hand grazed after because he's not mature enough for mounted snackies. 
Eros and Shiny both enjoyed a bareback hack and then mounted snackies in the yard. 

Perfect last rides at home! Monday they had off as usual, but they got fall shots. I didn't want to do them right before moving but my vet was tough to schedule this month. That's the only day that worked. It was fine though, the horses didn't seem at all uncomfortable the next day. No harm no foul! 

That's really about it from here. Once we start lessons again I'm sure there will be much more to talk about! Did you all have a good week and weekend? Anything fun and exciting coming up? 



4 comments:

  1. This weather has been stellar. I'm really enjoying it and not worrying about the coming of winter. But the horses are finding it hard with their winter coats coming in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, yes! I clipped Shiny a few weeks ago, but you can't even tell anymore. Al hasn't grown much coat yet, but Eros is somewhere in the middle of the two of them. They all are getting sweaty working this week though!

      Delete
  2. oh man, 'sluggish pony that you have to beg to jump around' --- relatable lol. charlie's had a little time off tho so i'm hoping he comes back out feeling.... a bit more chipper LOL. fingers crossed for Al too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Charlie is feeling better and wants to participate in fun jumpies!

      Delete