Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! Al's our model this week, thought he wasn't the most willing participant as you'll see from his terrible head shot...

Bridle: Camelot RCS Gold
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

Guys, I don't really think I like this bridle on him anymore. It doesn't fit his head right. Might have to do some swapping around. Next time I'm in the shed I'll dig something else out for him. 

Boots: Premier Equine
I'm still a big fan of these though! 10/10 highly recommend these boots.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Half Pad: Ippico
Lol... yes my saddle is that dirty. It was pretty dusty in the ring the other day. I don't let it stay like that though, of course, since it's still the loaner. Also you may notice that the cording is messed up on this pad. It's nothing to do with the Mattes quality, it got caught between the drum and the door in the washing machine. I really don't love the front loaders because this has happened a few times with various items. Probably my fault, I bet I overloaded. Still though, when this one dies I'm getting a top load washer. Thankfully the pad is still perfectly usable. 

Anyway, here's what I wore this week:
I feel super awkward taking outfit photos at the barn, so I went with a mirror selfie from home today instead. 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS widebrim
Recycled photo. Same helmet anyway. 

Sweater: Ariat
Yeah... it's a little wrinkled since it's been left on the shelf all summer. I don't iron clothes just to go to the barn. Sorry, not sorry. Anyway, I love these Ariat sweaters. They're perfect on their own for the 60 degree fall days, but also layer really nicely for the colder days too. I don't like to buy them full price, but they usually have decent sales on them at the end of the season. 

Belt: Mane Jane
I chose the light gray stray with the gunmetal buckle this week. It matched the elbow matches nicely!

Breeches: Dover
I'm not positive which model these are. I think maybe Dalton? They're nice though, they fit well and have gel patches. The fabric doesn't age that well and they've faded quite a bit, but the integrity of the fabric is still there. No holes or wear otherwise.

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
These crack me up. They're horses spooking at plastic bags. Lol!

Boots: Celeris
Yeah... I recycled this photo too, but I took it last week, it's still an accurate representation! These boots are breaking in nicely. I was worried when they arrived that I wouldn't be happy with them because they are a stiff dressage boot. (I didn't realize that when I ordered them.) But I really don't notice it when I'm riding. The ankle is soft. so I can get my heels down fine. I only notice when I go to squat down to put on boots or wraps. 

And that's it for today! More blues! I'm not sure what we'll do next week yet. Maybe more blues. Maybe something else. We shall see! Any favorites from this week?

2 comments:

  1. Blue on blue might just be one of my old favorites lol

    ReplyDelete