Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thursday's Threads: Navy is back!

 


It's our first outfit day back at the winter barn, but it's been weirdly warm here so it's not a bulky outfit at all. No complaints here! I love this beautiful weather! Eros was meant to be our model this week, but I kept not remember to take photos of him in his outfit so Shiny is stepping in. 

Here's what she had on this week:

Bridle: Camelot RCS Gold
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

I packed these bridles away for the summer, so it's nice to see them again! Shiny looks really cute in it. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
Belly Band: Horze/Equinavia

I really think they do a nice job with these pads. Especially for the price. They aren't as inexpensive as they used to be, but still reasonable. And honestly, nothing is as inexpensive as it used to be! (Except the Arizona Iced Tea Big Cans. They're still .99 in the US. Unless you order them online... then they are more. Of course.)

Boots: Eskadron

These boots are such a great fit for her. I think the newer Eskadron boots are a touch taller as they aren't quite as good of a fit on her as these are. 

That's what Shiny had on, and here's what I wore:
I'm kind of happy about the navy. It feels like all new stuff since I haven't worn most of it in quite awhile! 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
Pardon my tired face. I stayed up too late for no reason doing nothing really the night before this photo. I might be an adult, but no one's accused me of being responsible. Anyway, welcome back into the rotation to my navy One K!

Shirt: Riding Sport
I have a love/hate relationship with this top. It's a merino blend which I love, and houndstooth, also love! But it's kind of clingy and unflattering around my belly. Hate. I like it best as a layer under something else. The other day when I had this on, I initially had a vest over it, but it warmed up so much I had to take it off. Oh well. I have a spare tire. Now you all know.

Belt: Mane Jane
I paired the navy belt strap with this color shifting buckle. It is purple or blue depending which angle you look at it. I always hoped that Mane Jane would release a buckle that matched the rainbow bits, but they never did. So I took up my beat up old gold color one and spray painted it with color shifting paint. I'm not sure how well it will hold up, but I like it for now!

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
You all have seen these before. They are the color "black and blue". A nice dark navy.

Boots: Celeris
Okay, yeah. You haven't seen these. But before you get start judging me (again) let me tell you how this happened. It all started many months ago when Leah made me aware of the Facebook group Dressage Boots Anonymous. I should never have been allowed in this group. Anyway, I saw a post recently about Celeris sample boots on sale on a legit web site in Germany called Reiten-Leder. Being that I have zero self control, I found myself scrolling through all the boots on there. There were TONS. And this pair... happened to be almost exactly my measurements. Like nearly identical. And they were under $300 US. So how would I not get them? It would be like ignoring a gift from the boot gods. I couldn't do a thing like that! It might bring bad boot juju to my life for who knows how long! Can't have that. So here they are! You may ask why they were so inexpensive. And I think it's because they do not have a zipper. Probably no one wanted to deal with the laces everyday. I don't mind though. I can lace them pretty quickly. I should have snapped a photo from the back, but they have the same little rhinestone strip up the back spine as you can see up on the top. They're really fun! They're a true dressage boot though, and the outer panel is stiff. I don't really notice when I'm riding, but I'm reminded when I crouch down to wrap legs or put on horse boots. For the price though? No complaints here! There's a small chance I also snagged a pair of sheepskin lined boots for the winter... but you'll have to wait and see if that actually happened.

So that's it for today! Welcome back to the land of navy and baby blue! Any favorites from today? 





7 comments:

  1. I love being responsible for the boots 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try some of the premier equine pads, but when I went to buy some of the fleece dressage ones I realized they are now charging shipping no matter how much you spend?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love navy. It’s so classic. I adore your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. navy is 100% my jam lately too -- just picked up a really nice navy pair of romfh breeches at the MD 5* and am IN LOVE omg

    ReplyDelete