Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Truthful Tuesday

 

Guys. I am such a walking disaster. It's not a secret that I'm crafty, but lately, I keep injuring myself whilst crafting. But not only then. Also in the barn. I mildly injure myself so frequently that half the time I don't even remember doing it until I see the bruise or wound and then have to try and remember where it came from. 
You guys know about that time I hit my thumb with a hammer while making spur straps a few months ago. That bruised nail is still growing itself out. And apparently I did something similar to my left big toe because that lil' guy is sporting a similar battle scar. Can't for the life of me remember what caused it though.
About a week or so ago I was making that mint belt you saw last week on Thursday's Threads. I have these metal pieces that punch holes, and for belts with a pin buckle, I have to use one that's like a long oval for the leather piece that holds the buckle on. Well... Whilst punching that hole I managed to somehow also punched a partial hole in my finger. The metal thing is so sharp though, it is healing very nicely. So at least there's that. But that's not all my friends. Oh no. 
Today, I was installing some tombstones on my Halloween jump. They're held up with these little plastic stakes. But they were a touch too long, so I was using scissors to cut them down. Of course, they were hard little plastic things so the scissors couldn't really cut all the way through. Now I could have gotten up and found some wire cutters. But instead I persisted with the scissors, since they were getting the job done, just not easily. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I was finished, I looked down at my hands only to notice that I had given myself the most enormous blister on the knuckle of my middle finger. Not only had I given myself the blister, but I also opened it up. It's a mess. Good thing it's not a braiding weekend! Sheesh. 

So that's my confession today. I'm a clumsy walking battle wound. The things we do for our hobbies. Aren't you glad I did not share media today?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my lord I HATE when I hurt myself in a stupid way. It like short circuits my temper entirely lol. And yet… it still happens lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I always scold myself when it happens. "That was your own fault self." "Yes, yes I know. Still hurts though!"

      Delete
  2. As I get older I bruise more and more easily. I don't even wonder what happened anymore.

    ReplyDelete