Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Happy Outfit Day! Full disclosure, Al will be our model today, but I did have to change my boots before I rode him because this is one of the pairs that is bleeding color for some reason and I cannot allow that to happen on my borrowed saddle. But I did ride Shiny in the full outfit! But she modeled last week, and Al looks amazing in mint. So here we are. 


I'll let Al go first. Here's what he wore:

I know it's not a great photo. The flies are getting pretty desperate and they were torturing him while tried to take pretty pictures. This was the best I could get. He's adorable regardless!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Homemade

Yep, more beta biothane! It's just so accessible and comes in literally every color. This one is seafoam and gold to match my boots. 

Boots: QHP
Bell Boots: Busse
I bought these mint boots maybe last year? I've had them awhile but hadn't gotten around to using them until now. They're very nice! Super lightweight, but not flimsy. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: SmartPak
Half pad: Ippico
This pad is the same as the light blue I shared a few weeks back. I couldn't pass them up when they were on sale for $12. I will be putting some white/natural half pads on my holiday wish list as the black is a little sharp with these pastels. 

That's what Al had on today! And here's what I wore:
With summer winding down, pastels are going to be put away soon for fall colors. (Which let's be real, I'm here for the fall colors, just not the weather.) But I'm going to wear them just a little longer since technically, it IS still summer!

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
Yeah... I don't have a helmet that actually matches this outfit. So I went with this one. The Samshield would similarly but I wore that last week. 

Top: Icyzone
I like this top a lot for this time of year. It would be a bit heavy for a hot day, but it's perfect for mid 70's. It also has thumbholes. Which I rarely use, but I like having the option. 

Belt: Homemade by me
I'm having fun making belts with biothane. It's so inexpensive compared to leather and much easier to find the colors you want. As for wearing them, I don't prefer them to leather. But they're doing the job!

Breeches: QHP
I nearly tossed these in the for sale pile not long ago, but I'm really glad I decided to hang on to them. They're really comfortable and I love the rose gold details on them. They're a little big, but not unwearable. I think I'll keep them for now. 

Boots: Celeris UK
This pair of boots was my first sort of fail from Celeris. And honestly, I'm not worked about it. I took a risk and I knew that going in. But first the positives: They fit PERFECTLY! This was the first pair made with my more recent measurements and they fit like a glove! The leather is super high quality, though that makes them a little tougher to break in. Worth it, of course! But the negatives... First, they arrived the color of that inside you can see above on my right leg. Which is practically white. Calling them mint was a stretch. I'd say more like arctic white. Not what I was after. But I got these during the pandemic and Celeris didn't even have a swatch to share with me. So I knew there was a chance I wouldn't like the color. But I wanted mint boots so badly, I took the risk. I had asked them to try and source the color for me, so they had gone out of their way to find it for me. I was able to fix the color with a some light green boot polish. Now they are nearly exactly the color I wanted, so no real harm done. Unfortunately, there's one more negative which I mentioned earlier in the post. For some reason, this pair of boots and the lavender pair (I got them at the same time) bleed color onto my saddle. It comes right off with some saddle soap, but I really don't like that it's happening. I'm hoping eventually it will stop but I don't wear them much so that might take forever. Celeris did make it right with me, and I have no hard feelings. Absolutely have and will order again from them. 

Stick: Brand unknown
Yep, I have a mint green crop, of course! But actually, this thing is vintage. I was probably 10 or 11 when I got it. It hung out at my mother's house for a long while, but I took it back not too long ago since it matches my boots!


That's what I wore today! Any favorite parts? What do you think of the new color on the boots? Better, right?


2 comments:

  1. Shiny looks perfect in mint. I absolutely love those boots! I was just telling one of my friends at the barn last weekend that if I ever order custom boots, they will be from Celeris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't she?! I love pastels on her. Al too. Eros looks better in a fall pallet.
      Celeris are definitely my favorites. Highly recommend! (Just not the mint!)

      Delete