Wednesday, September 14, 2022

What's Up Wednesday

 

Things have been pretty quiet around here which is not a bad thing! Al is still waiting for the farrier... I know, it's been awhile, but I hate to nag.  My farrier was here like five times last month. So we'll be patient. He is feeling better though, he's not as sore and the crack isn't bleeding anymore. Still not jumping though. We'll wait for new shoes to do that. He's for sure pretty bored, but he's the best boy and isn't causing too much trouble... Most days anyway.  He's especially happy that we've had some rain and our grass is growing again!

Look at all that green grass!

The other two have been having fun with jumpie days though! No big breakthroughs or anything, but they're both going pretty well at the moment. I changed the course Monday, but haven't actually jumped the whole thing yet. Today was supposed to be the day but it was quite windy, and the horses were feeling a certain kind of way. Instead, we just popped over the new fences down at the less scary end of the ring. We'll try again later in the week for the rest of the course. 

Hopefully this will be more Pivo friendly!

If you follow my instagram, you've already seen my new Autumn jump decor. But in case you haven't, here are the two jumps I freshly decorated for Spooky Season. 
First is the Autumn themed jump:

I zip tied the little trees to the standards because 
they are definitely going to fall over otherwise.

Found these little flower boxes that came with flowers
for much less than regular flower boxes would be. 
I don't have high hopes for their long survival though.

And this is the SPOOKY graveyard jump:

The flowers have eyeballs in them and also spiders


I was being cheap and got these little trees
but maybe next year I'll spring for the bigger ones

I'd really like for these decorations to last for a bit, so if some of you could remind in November to take them back inside, I would really appreciate it...

Anyway, back to the horses! Not much to report on individually. So instead, here's a photo dump of Shiny and Eros looking adorable. And then also snacking on the freshly greened up grass.
















I was a little nervous the horses might find the new decor spooky. I mean... the one jump is intended to be right? So I kept them small (both were 2' for the introduction today). Eros was far more concerned about whatever he was spooking at down at the other end of the ring to care at all about what he was jumping over. So clearly, he was not impressed by the new decor. Shiny rode great to them both, and didn't peak at all. She did, however, jump them much better than she's been jumping anything else in my ring. So I think she at least noticed that they were different. 

And that's pretty much all we've been up to around here this week. How was your week/weekend? Do anything fun with your horses?

4 comments:

  1. omg your jump decorations are unreal -- so cute!!! fingers crossed Al gets that pesky hoof fixed up asap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, hopefully we can get back to fun things soon!

      Delete
  2. love your jumps and love the mint color on both Shiny and Eros. Since I seem to be coming to the land of the living again you are making me miss Fall big time! it is going to be 98-100 again this week here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's chilly here today, but back to the 80's for the weekend. I like fall when it's 80! Lol!

      Delete