Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thursday's Threads: The one with a lot of glitter


 For a VERY long time I've been jealous that brands made all kinds of fun glittery things for horses, but none of them ever made green. Equestroom did finally, but they don't seem to know proper sizing and their "pony" sized boots were big enough for my horses. So I pouted, longing for green glitter. And then Pony-o came through. And boy did they think of everything! Despite my terrible efforts at not dropping a bunch of money I shouldn't on ridiculous things, I had to have all the things green glitter. The end result is this post. Eros will be our model today, and here's what we wore:

See? It doesn't look as ridiculous as you were expecting! Until you look closer...

Eros looks to be carrying twins again...

Still not too crazy... gotta get closer!

Bridle: Pony-O
Bit: Sweet Billy's
Do you see it now?? Perhaps a short video will give you the full effect:

NOW you see it! It's amazing isn't it? I generally hate this type of rein, but the fact that they even put glitter on the hand stops make me accept them. It doesn't help me hold them any better of course, but whatever. They're amazing.

Boots: Pony-O
These are so much nicer than the Equestroom ones. They are really soft inside and out. And the sizing is right on. These are cob size and Shiny has pony. All fit perfectly. 

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Pony-O
Half Pad: Le Mieux
These pads are a lot thicker than I prefer, but if you like normal weight saddle pads, I'd say these are right up your alley. I just like a thinner pad personally. But I've made an exception because of all that beautiful green glitter!

That's what Eros had on, and here's what I wore:
I managed to keep it relatively subtle despite a decent amount of glitter. You'll see it better when we look closer.

Helmet: Horze
The glitter on this helmet matches exactly with the Pony-O glitter. Which is impressive because I had to mix my own for my boots and couldn't get an exact match. This glitter is finer than the glitter in leather paint and I should have added some purple but didn't. Whatever. It doesn't have to be perfect! Anyway, love this helmet, but I have to wear it with my hair out as it's a little too small otherwise. 

Top: Back On Track
I know this is the most boring top. No glitter at all! But fear not, I have a lightweight sweater with some sparkle, so later in the season I can pair that with this outfit. For now, this plain black top did the job. Plus it's Back on Track so I felt amazing all day. 

Belt: Ami Veil
Buckle: India Hicks, embellished by me
Green glitter was impossible to find in a belt, so I decided black would do. I spray painted this buckle with green glitter and it looked pretty fab until I wore it. It didn't survive well. But I had gotten two cans of glitter spray paint, and the first one I think was defective and that's what I used on this buckle. The second can was much better as you'll see on my spurs, but I used it all up. So I either will leave this in its sad state or I'll have to get another can of glitter paint. Time will tell.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
HR Apparel Sales on Instagram is my new go to for TS Breeches. She sells consignment but also gets new with tags sometimes. I sold my green pair that was too big, and was able to replace with this pair that was NWT for the same amount as I sold the other pair for. Even swap!

Boots: TuffRider Regal
Spurs: Embellished by me
I'm kind of obsessed with how these came out. Glitter paint is very forgiving so despite my not being the neatest painter, they don't show rat me out. I'm not sure if you can tell from this photo, but I also painted the little rolled strip up the back. They're super fun! Eh, here, see for yourself in this poorly lit short video:

The spurs took the spray paint much better than the buckle. I've ridden in them all week on all three horses. And they haven't chipped like the buckle did. There is some wear on the ends but that's something I would expect. I really think can number one of green spray paint was either very old, or was defective. It happens. 

And that's it for today! What do you think of all the glitter? Not AS crazy as you were expecting? MORE crazy? I think it's fun!

8 comments:

  1. Omg 🤣🤩🤣🤩🤣🤩 it's so much. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as i love glitter, i'm TERRIBLE at keeping things relatively clean(ish).... so anything that isn't like hyper wipeable doesn't last long around here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh all of this wipes right off! And it all can go in a washing machine too. Even the bridles!

      Delete