Thursday, March 31, 2022

What's Up Wednesday

 

I'm so late getting this out today, because I have been having all kinds of fun lately! I've finally reintroduced myself to the outside world. First was on Monday, with an amazing five course dinner that was a whiskey pairing. 

Insane. Five amazing cocktails paired with five plates of decadent food. I'm still full several days later... And tonight I went to see Dear Evan Hansen. 

The show was amazing, highly recommend! Now I'll just spend the next two weeks convinced I've caught the plague... Lol. I am who I am, what can I say? Masks were required at the show, and the dinner was a fairly small group. Likely all will be fine. 

Things are going mostly well on the horsey front. Shiny seems to be recovering well from her incident. She's walking soundly, and is able to go outside now that I've gotten her a boot to wear over her bandage. She'll get one more shot of antibiotics tomorrow, and then hopefully we just have to wait a little longer for the hole to close up before returning to regular life. 

Pammon has been good too, but lately he's been throwing in a little spook at least once per ride. I have no idea what he's spooking at. It's never in the same spot. I swear, I think he does it just to liven things up a bit. Trotting round and round isn't all that exciting on its own.

Eros is doing great also! He's been getting a little fresh with the temps having dipped again, so I finally allowed him a little free time in the indoor. He doesn't need it often, but every once in awhile, he really benefits from a chance to gallop around. He's not at all interested in letting it out when he's outside on regular turnout. He only likes to do it in the ring. Weirdo. Anyway, he got to run around today before our ride, and he had a great time. It makes me nervous because he'll just go round and round and round quite rapidly... But once he's done, he'll trot a cool down lap then walk right to me. He also warms himself up with a trot around before cantering. He's smart about self care. We lesson tomorrow, so hopefully he'll be nice and relaxed. 


And lastly is Al. He's such a joy, even when he's actually acting his age. It's easy to forget he's just a kid since most of the time he's pretty perfect. But every now and then (like when the temps drop from 70 to 30...) he acts like the six year old he is. He hates the end of the indoor as a general rule, and the past week, the course in the ring included a 5 stride line right down center line. So you can imagine what it was like jumping that toward the end of the ring. It was... tricky. He is super honest at the jumps, so that was never an issue. But it was the landing side that was TOUGH. He did NOT want to get all the way to the end. There was much sideways. But we stayed attached to each other, and got the courses done, so I'm still calling it a successful week. 

We were mostly stuck indoors last week between rain and cold temps. And so far the same this week. But things should warm up again for the weekend, so fingers crossed we can get back outside again. 

That's about it from here! How are things with all of you?

2 comments:

  1. Idk what's up with the east coast, but the weather has been wild lately. Florida is still experiencing cold nights and slightly chilly, dry (well, dry for Florida) mornings. It's like winter is holding out as long as it possibly can . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter has the worst sense of humor... It was warm today, close to 60, but colder again for the weekend. Come one Spring, try harder!

      Delete