Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

 

So I might as well jump right in with Shiny and the mystery fat leg. It was looking better last week, and then puffed up a little one night. But then again looked good on Friday. So I let her have a free lunge. Saturday it looked okay. Maybe a teeny bit of puff but nothing I felt was worrisome. So I took my lesson with her, but we mostly flatted. And then did a handful of crossrails at the end.

That all sounds innocent right? But then... Well, let's back up. Despite my taking the chances on the weird leg being that she was sound and it seemed better, I did put her on the list to be checked out. I want my sports medicine vet to see her asap, but he's harder to get out. The regular vet was scheduled out for some shots for someone so I had her on that list too. No one had updated me on what he saw, so I kind of just assumed he hadn't made it out yet. Y'all know what happens when you ASS U ME right?

Sunday, barn owner asked if barn manager had texted me with what the vet said. I said no, I figured he hadn't made it out yet. She's like oh... I told her to text you since she was there with them. Barn owner was VERY apologetic. Not sure what happened, why I wasn't informed... But apparently it's Shiny's check that had fill. It didn't feel like that to me, but maybe I was thrown off by her teeny tiny legs. Either way, now I'm feeling panicky because Pammon was never lame when he injured his check. And now I'm certain it's bad. Though I'm still riding her lightly until the other doc gets out. She gets a little nutty in the winter and I want to try and mitigate that if she's injured. UGH. If you all could send some healthy ligament vibes into the air, I'd be grateful. This is getting ridiculous.

The other boys are doing just fine (thank goodness)! They've been flatting and working harder. So far so good. I need to get to work with them cantering ground poles but sometimes it's tough with lessons happening. It needs to happen though if we ever want to graduate to jumping! 

In other news, I bought myself a present! (Shocking I know...) I posted about this on the social media already, so sorry if you already saw it. 

I have been waiting very patiently for some horsey brand to make a backpack with a helmet holder in a nice hunter green, but none of them have done it. Fortunately, I stumbled across baseball backpacks on Amazon the other day and found a green one! It's very similar in size to the Samshield Icon bag, but considerably less money. I didn't really need this right now, since it's for if and when horse shows ever come back to my life... But I just couldn't resist once I saw it in my color. 

That's about it from here this week. Nothing too exciting happening. After today, I'm on vacation until after New Years so I'm pretty excited for that. Hopefully I'll be a good human and get some stuff done in my cluttered house. It really needs to happen.

Happy Festivus (for the rest of us) Friends!


7 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry you have another horse with an injured leg. That sucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my vet last time what it is I'm doing so very wrong for these horses. But he really think it's just bad luck. I dunno though.

      Delete
  2. Sending all the good vibes for Shiny's leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( definitely not the news anybody wants to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh Shiny! Fingers crossed it heals up quickly.

    Love the bag - cool that it works for riding equipment too. I love multi-purpose stuff that works for a better price. Also sort of makes me miss playing baseball... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I love finding better alternatives to overpriced horse stuff!

      Delete