Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

 

Guys. I'm feeling a little stressed out lately. Pammon is back on the DL (more tomorrow). And my job. Ugh. Basically we have a secretary and a call center manager running things, and let me tell you. They haven't a clue what they're doing. It's not going well. I need to learn to stop caring so I can just get through the work days. But it's tough. Still have a job though. so yay? But that's not what we're going to talk about today, because that's annoying and who wants to read a bunch of whining? Not me!
So let's talk about something a little more relatable, illustrated with kind of hilarious photos. And a video. Shall we?
So I love to post about how perfect Shiny pants is. And you've all seen lots of video clips of her popping over little jumps looking just as adorable and perfect as ever. And really that's all pretty true. Every now and then she can be a little sassy though. Like doing this when I ask for canter:
But some days, the two of us just aren't on the same page. And that was true on Sunday when we had a little jump school. It started out fine. We maybe were a little under paced to start out, but the fences came up out of stride and it was okay. But then? It was like the distance fairy just left me high and dry. And I was pulling on that poor pony and making all kinds of bad decisions. Mostly we just chipped a bunch, but we had two particularly hideous jumps. Wanna see? Yes. Yes you do. 
Told you. Shiny really was still her perfect self. It was me. I was the problem. Maybe you're thinking, okay, well those weren't that bad... It's way more apparent when you stop the video:
Let me just pull your face off Shiny... You don't mind do you?
It looks like I'm laughing
But really I'm saying a bad word.

Poor thing. We did have plenty of good jumps too though. 

And I'm a good mom so as an apology for my bad riding I iced her legs.
Anyone know if they make these ice boots in pony size though? These do the job, but she finds them a little annoying because they're too long. Not that I mind icing her knees too. 

So my confession is that somedays I live up to the bad riding ammy stereotype. (Who doesn't?) Shiny also has a confession today... She's in raging heat and pees any time Eros makes eye contact with her. Super classy.


Anything you need to confess today? Any major ammy moments this weekend? 

8 comments:

  1. "It looks like I'm laughing
    But really I'm saying a bad word."

    That's... me. Every day... haha. Good Shiny though! I know mares get a bad rep sometimes but my mares are about 12349345 more forgiving of my ammy mistakes than my geldings. My TB holds a grudge like nobody's business lol. He hasn't been ridden regularly since about 2009 and he's probably still holding grudges from then lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a mare likes you, she will go to the end of the world for you. Though if she doesn't, she'll just send you there. Haha!

      Delete
  2. lololol yes. relatable. very very VERY relatable.... lol at the distance fairy imagery too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah heats. So much fun. I do love how you and Shiny are gelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As heats go, she's not too bad. But you still know!
      I just love her, and I hope she feels the same!

      Delete
  4. I love that you turned the pee shavings into a heart :)

    ReplyDelete