Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Truthful Tuesday


Just hanging out up here in the home office this morning waiting for the tropical storm to arrive and hoping really hard the tornadoes don't happen... Artie has abandoned his post up here with me today, so I hope he doesn't know something I don't... 
Anyway, I have a few confessions today. First, Staples keeps delivering things here that are not addressed to me (and obviously, I did not order). I have three packages sitting here waiting to be picked up. I was told they would be picked up within five days. Then I was told by last Friday. But alas:
They're still here. I probably should bring them in out of the storm... but since Staples doesn't seem to care about them, I'm not sure I do either. But I would like them to go away. I wonder how mad the correct recipients are at this point? I mean, the one box has been here for over two weeks already. My confession regarding this story is that I'm probably not bringing the boxes inside. 

Confession two? My brother has one of the new Iphone SE 2020 phones hanging around, so I bought it off him just for Pivo. Yes. You read that correctly. I just bought Pivo it's own phone. Also... I upgraded from my red to the silver. Before everyone asks if I'm selling the red, I'm not just yet. I haven't yet had success with silver, so I'm hanging on to red for a bit. Also want to maybe compare the two for fun. Maybe this weekend, weather depending. In summary here, while I've been behaving myself and not buying much other than food lately, I clearly fell of the wagon with Pivo and phones... Oops. Admittedly, though, I have never regretted upgrading tech. Not once. So hopefully that won't change.

Anything you all need to confess today? 

16 comments:

  1. I'm probably going to be buying a phone just for my Pivo too, lol. I was using my old Pixel 2 (that I keep around as a spare), but considering how much better the Pivo seems to work with iphone instead of android, I'm casually watching several ebay listings for iphone 7/8s... so you're not alone ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the phone already for pivo and actaully have a pivo in the cart waiting to just buy it....hahahha i am a terrible procrastinator! HA

    PS you loved the SE back in the day so am sure you coo'd at its smallness again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have it yet, but I plan to tell it how cute and small it is!
      Buy that Pivo already! We need more Remus media!

      Delete
  3. aw lol i'd bring the packages inside haha, it's such a small thing to do. that's annoying that they haven't been picked up yet... wonder if it's the usps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a small thing, but the one box is kind of huge and heavy.
      Staples uses their own delivery service so it's just them being disorganized. I've talked to so many different people and they ask for so much information. Finally I was like listen, I've repeated this all six times. Just pick them up and figure out where they should have gone after! They want like every number on the label. My address. My phone number. On and on. Via email, phone calls, live chat... Just come get them!

      Delete
    2. yikes.... remind me never to place any important orders thru staples! you'd think they'd be getting hassled by the actual buyer too at this point, but maybe not?

      Delete
    3. Right?! I'm guessing they've already been replaced. If it were someone local I'd drop off, but they're meant to go to other towns.

      Delete
  4. I've been eying the Pivo.....
    True story- I had a set of headphones on order for staples. Three months later they have not arrived (maybe they are in your box?). So I cancelled the order, went to Amazon and had them in 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Staples was so bad... but I guess I do now!

      Delete
  5. I hope you make it through the storm OK! We got 7-8 inches of rain. We just got power back on about an hour ago. Other than a tree down on my pasture fence near the lower creek (which overflowed like all other creeks near me -- so much water), we made out OK. Lost cell service of all things for most of the morning/afternoon which was... odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stayed kind of west of here, so barely any rain, but we're getting a lot of wind. Hopefully another hour or so and it should be gone. Power went out a couple hours ago, but the cable/internet are still working!

      Delete
  6. I'm going to spend some of my 'horse' money on a new iPhone. Just for the Pivo that doesn't like my (otherwise fine and fairly new) android phone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wet packages are gross! I'd bring them inside or at least wrap them in plastic lol Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were under cover and sheltered from the wind. I'm not a total animal! Lol! We barely got any rain which was disappointing. Just lots of wind. Still waiting for power and internet to come back!

      Delete