Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday's Threads: 80's edition


Outfit Day! Today's theme for spirit week is Throwback Thursday and we could dress for any decade up through the 90's. I went with 80's since I had a saddle pad for that. Here's what Pammon and I wore this morning:
Anyone else notice how awkward I'm standing? Apparently, the same awkward as Pammon's back legs... Ha! Like mama like son.

We can do Pammon's outfit first.

Bonnet: If the Bonnet Fits
Bridle: Camelot wide RCS Bridle
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks


For cheapo bridles, I really like these. Unfortunately, you can only get the padded version now which I don't like as much. I love this spiked bonnet so much. They don't normally bunch up like it's doing in the top photo, it wasn't put on properly. Oops.

Boots: HKM (I think)
I figured black glitter was pretty 80's. I remember a lot of glitter in my childhood.

Saddle: Voltaire Stuttgart
Pad: I forget the name of the company that made this for me... sorry!
Half Pad: Ippico
I've been using the Stuttgart on Pammon lately because I'm too lazy to drag my Hermes back and forth. I can actually sit his trot in this saddle which is kind of a miracle. But I still don't love it. Debating whether I should sell it and try a Butet or a new Hermes, or just keep it and learn to love it. Keeping it would certainly be easier. But we'll see. Anyway, it's maybe hard to see in this photo, but the pad is covered in neon cassette tapes.

So, that's what Pammon wore, and now it's my turn!

Helmet: One K
This helmet isn't particularly 80's... but it has a lot of sparkle, and so I think it works.

Top: District

You all have seen the cassette tank before, but this time i layered it with a neon pink cami. Cause the 80's had layers. And neon. So much neon.

Belt: No brand
I didn't realize the buckle was reflecting the shirt until I went to post this photo. It's all black and rhinestones, no pink on it in real life! I got this from Poshmark awhile back,

Breeches: Smartpak Hadley
These are really black even if they photographed gray here... Just winning at the photo game today aren't I? Sheesh. Anyway, I wore the neon pink breeches Tuesday and I need the neon yellow ones tomorrow. So I just went with black today. 

Boots: Imperial Riding
These are DEFINITELY 80's. The 80's were definitely louder is better. And well... what's louder than these boots? Maybe just the cow ones, but they weren't going to work with the outfit. 

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning a bracelet I made a bit ago. I love those cassette beads. I have some left over still and definitely need to do something else with them.

Righty:
Righty is donning this boom box bracelet from Kate Spade. It's not a cassette... but it would play cassettes so close enough. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites?

14 comments:

  1. You are too much and I fucking love it 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cassette beads are amazing lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect!!! I have to say I love the tank, belt and saddle pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. Those. Boots!!!!!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure I saw you at the dance club back in the 80s. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cow boots go with everything - just saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, there was not a theme they fit into for spirit week.

      Delete