Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Truthful Tuesday



I have a couple confessions today, but none are particularly horse related. First up:
I apparently hate sunscreen? Like why would I think it's smart to wear a tank top to the barn on a weekend morning and not wear some kind of sun protection? Why? I have no idea. But um. Ouch. I will guarantee to you that I will not remember this next time either.

Second:
My age is showing big time. Hair salons have recently reopened here, but I'm not feeling ready for that. Or I really wasn't until I snapped this pic of my braid and was like whoa. I really am 40. I'm still not planning to schedule a hair appointment just yet, though my sister in law knows someone that will come to my house and cut it outside. Not sure if she can dye outside... but I think it could work if I put a longer hose on the wash stall spigot.... that could reach to the driveway. Or maybe I'll just let it go and see what I look like with gray hair? No. Not doing that.

Oh bonus confession! Whilst shopping the interwebs for the best deal on double end snaps, I discovered that there is a company that apparently only sells on Amazon that makes GREEN ones! BUT, they're like $7 each which is ridiculous because I'd need like 30 of them. I have not bought them, much as I want to, but I feel like I probably will at some point in a moment of weakness. I want them for the horse show buckets and stall guards. My question is, why am I like this?? That's the most wasteful purchase ever. Regular old snaps that are like a dollar and change work superbly. And yet, I can't stop thinking about green snaps. There really is something wrong with me.

Do you have anything you need to confess today? 

19 comments:

  1. My brother had someone come to his house to cut his hair. If I was a guy, I'd totally just shave it! Instead, I have the same gray hair issues. I have an appointment next week. If I decide I'm still uncomfortable, I'll cancel (with appropriate notice, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a tough call.... Maybe I would feel comfortable if it was a first thing in the morning appt... But probably I'll just go with the lady who will come to my driveway.

      Delete
  2. Could you just buy regular snaps and spray paint them green? That sounds like something I would do, *cough cough*
    Just got done spray painting light switch and outlet covers for the tack shed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the paint would freeze the part that slides down though. Like glue them shut? Ya know?

      Delete
    2. Hmm yeah I see your point. I'd probably still be willing to risk it and try and see if it was 1/7 the cost of the other green ones lol. Or do you know anyone who does custom colors on those stainless steel tumblers that everyone has these days? I bet they could color the snaps for you too, although possibly the slidey piece could still be an issue there.

      Delete
    3. I was thinking this, too. What about dye of some kind instead of spray paint?

      Delete
    4. I think you need special tools to color metal... I could probably wrap them in vinyl (like the tumblers) but that seems like an awful lot of work... In the end it would probably end up cheaper to just buy the green snaps! Lol!

      Delete
  3. My husband won't even let me shave the sides of his head despite my mad horse clipping skills (or because my horse clipping skills aren't that great)

    But I second Leah's suggestion you could get the metal spray paint (Rust Oleum I think?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother bought a Flowby and was supposed to do a video using it, but totally chickened out. I'm still disappointed. It was the thing I most looked forward to during stay at home orders!
      I'm concerned if I spray paint them the slidey part won't slide anymore.

      Delete
  4. ugh i feel your sunburn pain right now.... literally, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it calms down soon! Mine has turned tan. Phew.

      Delete
  5. Ugh that sunburn! I have let my gray come out but I made that decision a few years ago. Turns out that I have less gray than I thought. My daughter is 30 and is pretty much completely gray! To be honest, I think your braid is pretty....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how it comes in isn't it?
      Thank you! I've been calling it glitter strands! ha!

      Delete
  6. Ouch that burn looks painful! I'm on the fence about my grey hair - don't want to go sit in a salon right now - but not sure I'm ready to embrace the grey! I'm a bit older than you so at my advanced age it does make more sense! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm also kind of lazy about cleaning the mess that would come with trying to dye it myself. Such first world problems.

      Delete
  7. I got my hair done a week and a half ago and the salon requires a mask the entire time for the client and the stylist, so I had no issue with going. I was also the only client in the salon at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah masks are required here too, and I believe the stylists also wear face shields. It's just the indoor air that makes me uncomfortable still.

      Delete
  8. I broke down and cut my hair last week. It actually looks good, so that was a nice bonus. I was at a state where it could not possibly get worse though so there was no risk. Years ago, I used to dye my hair at home using those box kits. When I had a good hair stylist in CA, I used her and stopped doing that so now I can’t remember what brands or colors I used, but getting another box is on my list for my next trip to the pharmacy (I tried looking online and that didn’t work very well). Maybe you could just do it yourself and save the risk of a stylist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really SHOULD do it myself. I'm just envisioning myself dying my entire bathroom. Lol.
      Nice work cutting your own hair! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

      Delete