Wednesday, May 20, 2020

What's up Wednesday

Sooooo.... I went back to the barn last night. Officially! Pammon is on full training board this month, so I am having them continue with his tack walks for right now. I'll probably do him over the weekend though. But I DID ride Shiny!
She hasn't been in work since I stopped going to the barn (actually before that, I stopped riding before I stopped going) so it was a VERY light ride. We did maybe five minutes of trot each way, and otherwise just did a lot of walking. We started indoors and then walked a few laps of the outdoor. She was a little alert out there, but didn't do anything naughty. It felt great to be back in the tack. GREAT!
Eros and I took a walk outside too. And everyone had a nice curry. SO wonderful to spend time with them again.

So that's my big news for this past week! But I did some other things over the weekend too. Now that it's getting nice out, it's for sure getting to be iced coffee season. So I brewed myself a bunch of black coffee to keep in the fridge for the next few days. Plus, I made unicorn coffee cubes.
And most importantly I got these syrups from Ghirardelli to dress up my iced coffee.
Who needs Starbucks and Dunkin'? Not me! Ha!
I also made sure that both days this glorious weekend the pups and I took an hour to be outside and enjoy the sunshine. They only last an hour as they are very much house dogs. Pugs like their beds you know?
Artie's been working on his Blue Steel


And I finally got around to putting my gorgeous new browband on Shiny's side pull bridle:

It's so perfect! I really hope the horse size bridle arrives. I have the browband set and ready for it! Though honestly, I don't have a full sized horse that will going bitless any time soon. #rehabforever But still. It's nice to have everything organized and accounted for.
I got my quote this week for the ring and fence which will basically use all my horsey savings for awhile. But well worth it. I don't have a start date just yet, but hopefully soon. I spoke with the parentals and they agreed with my thoughts on taking Eros and Shiny home this summer. So once that fence and ring are repaired they can move here. Which will be amazing. It's been so weird having an empty barn. Especially when I walk in there and announce "Hi Guys!" out of habit and then remember there's no one there... Awkward.

So this weekend, I plan to finish moving stuff into the trailer. I also want to do some more in-barn organizing. I needed to figure out what was going in the trailer before I reorganized everything that lives in the barn/corn crib. I also need to move Pammon's stuff to the correct locker at the barn, and bring home some of the winter stuff to wash. So lots to do this weekend!

How are things with all of you? Getting your spring cleaning done? Have you been able to see your horses?

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to ride Shiny!! And that you'll be bringing some home soon so your barn isn't empty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice cube tray! I wish we had a more functional freezer so I could get more fun trays like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you also have to put it on a plate to put in the freezer because it's so floppy. Definitely not space efficient at all. I think it's actually a chocolate mold, but it works for this job too!

      Delete
  3. aw i would totally walk into the empty barn and show "hi guys!" too.... at least the barn mice probably appreciate the greetings??? anyway, all very exciting things to look forward to, and yay for riding Shiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. India is so fucked right now, I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before we see those horse size bridles lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they just have a typhoon or some such nonsense??

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you got to ride. I hope that Pammon is doing well and you get to ride him soon. I would also love that mold- you could make some unicorn chocolates with it too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing his tack walk this weekend! Very excited!
      Yeah, it's actually a chocolate mold, I just used it for coffee cubes!

      Delete
  6. Yay for horse time!! Woot woot! LOVE the browband. And..one day you'll have the right tack? One day? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it should arrive eventually... I hope! Clearly not needing it anytime soon.

      Delete
  7. SO HAPPY YOU GET TO RIDE AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete