Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

I have a few confessions today... but nothing major.

First, I still have some girl scout cookies I hoarded away, and today I ate a whole sleeve of thin mints. #noregrets

Next, and this is a real #firstworldproblem, but I miss having someone else clean my house. I love to organize and make things neat. But I really just despise actually cleaning. Not sure why honestly. I think I just don't want to spend my time doing it.

And last, I got my MIPS helmet today, but I am not in love. I'm not sure if the size smaller would be better, but I think it's just too round honestly. It has a dial so I can crank it up so it's tight front to back, but there's too much room on the sides. I had a feeling that might happen, but had more than one person tell me Tipperary fits long ovals well. Perhaps the MIPS helmet is a little different than their norm though. It is an attractive helmet, and if you have a more normal shaped head, I think I would recommend.

I think this was a final sale, so I'm going to see if it fits my stepmom. But if not, I may have it for sale. Kinda bummed as I really wanted a MIPS helmet that's pretty. But I'm willing to bet One K will come out with something soon, and that brand seems to fit me best. Time will tell. Not like I need it right mow anyway!

What's happening with all of you? Anything you need to confess?

19 comments:

  1. Bummer about the helmet, hopefully it fits your stepmom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! I have no idea what size her head is.

      Delete
  2. It's a pretty helmet at least! Too bad about the fit. I just ordered a CO My PS, hopefully it fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look! Hoping someone else makes a similar one in oval.
      You'll have to let us know how you like the CO when you get it.

      Delete
  3. I have tried more than one Tipperary helmet (when I was actively eventing I wanted to hop on the trend) and they have all felt that way to me. It wasn't until I started buying helmets that were specifically sized to be Long Oval that I got a really good helmet fit. One K does do the specific long oval, I've got my fingers crossed for them to do MIPS by the time I need a new helmet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have the long oval from one K and it's SO comfortable! Hoping they do a pretty MIPS helmet... and soon!

      Delete
  4. There was just a really good sale on the CO mips helmet but I haven't been able to try one on and my head is very sensitive to pressure points so I had to pass. I definitely need an oval shape as well.
    Don't worry, I bought something else instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've waited to jump on the MIPS bandwagon because I wanted to try it on before buying. But I made a risky decision with all this staying at home, and it did not pay off... Lol.
      What did you end up getting?

      Delete
  5. Inquiring minds want to know, what size is the helmet? If it doesn't fit your stepmom that is 😊 I also have been plowing through frozen thin mints this week 🙈 not feeling very thin.... 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thin mints are false advertising...
      It's a medium. I really should have tried a small, might have worked better. But I stupidly listened to the reviews that said they ran small, and my size is technically the smallest size listed for the medium.

      Delete
  6. The CO helmets fit me well but their MIPS helmet was not a good fit for me. So i would agree that the MIPS helmets fit differently overall. It is a very pretty helmet though.

    I would love to have a house cleaner. Maybe someday I can convince my husband.

    I’ve been shopping like crazy and I need to stop. I’m pretty sure I’m done. Nothing else I want to buy right now. Lol

    Had a great lesson today. Bummed to be going back to work full time next week, but it’s been nice riding in the afternoon while I’ve been able to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh back to work already? I'm not sure what the plan is at my company, there's been no mention yet of going back to the office. I hope they let us keep working from home for awhile. I'm not freed up at all during the day working here, it's the same hours. But I like not having a commute.

      Delete
  7. Oh and One K is releasing a MIPS helmet later this year. I’m just not sure when. It shows up on the dealer site but it doesn’t have an available date listed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One k definitely fits me better than any other brand too. At least their stuff is nice looking too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love onek too. I got the blue matte one last year and love how comfy it is and how stylish it looks. Sorry the helmet didn't fit, Stacie!

      Delete
    2. Definitely a One K fan. The helmets aren't at all bulky and are so comfy! I like my Samshield too, but hate the price point on them.

      Delete
  9. It is a pretty helmet and I'm sorry that it didn't fit. Eating a whole box of thin mints seems like an appropriate response to me. I have a difficult head to fit and it takes a while to find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? If I'm ever somewhere that has them I may try the small to see if the fit is better. But otherwise I'll just have to wait this out I think. I have plenty of helmets, was just really wanting one with MIPS.

      Delete