Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

If you are my Facebook friend, then you already know I've lost my trailer keys. The real confession is that I knew they weren't where they should be way back in November when I moved the horses. But since I didn't need them, I forgot to look for them. This past weekend the weather was AMAZING. Perfect for doing outside tasks like moving my show stuff back into the trailer. My tack room door is on the opposite side of my trailer than my barn is, so it would have been much more convenient to open the side ramp and walk stuff in that way. Problem was, the little door above the ramp was locked.
I spent several hours looking everywhere they could possibly have been. I've deduced that I must have either left them at the trailer dealer, or dropped them at the truck dealer when I traded the truck. Because they are definitely not at my house. Along with those keys, I'm also missing some keys for a trunk lock and a bike lock that I use for the tack room at away shows. So that's a bummer, but all things I can easily replace. So that's not so bad. Fortunately, the trunk lock that no longer has a key was not on the trunk!
The good news is, thanks to Hillary, I now know that there are only a handful of different locks for trailers. And there are websites where you can just order new keys. So $27 later, I have three new keys on their way to me. Fingers crossed they work.
I did still start moving things back in. I had ordered some new plastic tubs so my stuff is super tidy (and matchy). For blankets and coolers though, I have different tubs on order. Since those things are heavy I wanted wheeled tubs instead. They won't match the others, but that's okay. They just delivered a few minutes ago, so hopefully I'll get that completed this weekend. Then I just need to clean out the tack box and make a list of things that need replacing in there. I obviously don't need any of that any time soon. But it's nice to have a list and feel like it's organized.

I've basically packed it for Pammon, Shiny, and Eros. I don't have three of everything, but do of most things. And likely they wouldn't all three be showing anyway. Given that most of them are lame. Who knows which ones will ever actually show. But again. Good to be prepared! And most stuff I have anyway from my past horses. The only things I need still are a shipping halter for Shiny, some new locks (lol.), and I think I'm going to replace the buckets and feed tubs. They're all pretty beat up, and are all something like 14 years old. They got a lot of use back in the day. So time to replace. The list will grow when I get to the trunk though, I'm sure!
Anyway, today's confession is about the keys. Have any of you lost keys? Seems a pretty common occurrence.

8 comments:

  1. I have actually never lost a set of keys. A few years back, my (drunk) husband threw my truck keys into the river and I was SO ANGRY because I'd had them for 10+ years... haha. He loses keys like it's his job, so I guess we balance each other out?

    I looooove your trailer. I hope you get to show Pammon, Eros, and Shiny before you know it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only temporarily lost them before. Once I put them down at store in a mall and forgot to pick them back up. But I found them quickly. My also drunk little brother threatened to throw mine in the ocean once... but thankfully he didn't!

      Delete
  2. Huh that is pretty interesting that there are only a handful of different locks for trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a five second panic attack yesterday when I was trying to leave my barn and realized I had left my car keys in my trailer's dressing room which I usually padlock! Fortunately I'd actually grabbed the lock to bring home for some WD40 so I was able to rescue my keys without incident. Blonde moment for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so i don't want to laugh at anybody's misfortune but this 100% reminded me of a covid19 meme i saw a little while ago that was basically like "i actually lost my keys weeks ago and it really hasn't mattered at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

    glad you could get it all replaced tho! and yea apparently the husky trunks have somewhat universal keys too.... which i learned when a new boarder moved in who i guess has the same trunk, but thought mine was hers, and LOCKED IT when i didn't have a key. so.... additional lesson learned: they're pretty easy to break into, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that's totally accurate! Please laugh, because it's exactly how i handled it! Hahahaha!

      Delete