Wednesday, May 6, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

Another week! Things in my state are teetering on being able to move to phase 2, but yesterday our hospitalizations spiked again, so we have to see how that goes. My dad and stepmom (And Fefe!) will be heading home at the end of the month, so I think I'm going to aim for that as my return to the barn time. We'll just have to see how things are going! I really want to start riding again. Pammon is on full training board right now, so may wait on him until June. He's pretty hot and needs a lot of sedation for his walks. So probably best I don't get on him after not riding for two months. I'm hoping to have the ring work done by June ish, so maybe I can bring some horses home then. I'm thinking about asking the fam how they would feel about letting Eros come home for his rehab (with Shiny of course!) and keeping Fefe and Pammon at the boarding barn for the summer. Eros is an easy going guy, and I feel much more comfortable managing his rehab on my own. Hopefully they'll be on board! But we'll see where things are with the ring too.
I did get to see the horses again this weekend as I had to drop off some supplements. Which I get to do again this weekend too! Shiny's and Pammon's come together, but on a different schedule from Eros. Kinda nice since it means I have more excuses to visit my ponies.





We had a glorious weekend here. It was actually warm out! And we saw the sun! So I did just a few small things in the house because I really want to get it all finished before I jump back into the full swing of horsing. Namely, I moved my shoe chairs from my shoe closet to the craft room, and put together the book shelves that had arrived.


So this room is close to being done. I just have to organize all my crap and put it away. I'm planning to actually put books on those book shelves too, which are mostly down stairs. So that will be good exercise one of these days... This leaves some cleaning up in the office/spare bedroom, fixing the mess I created in the shoe closet, and the same in the downstairs spare bedroom, and finally the switching over to spring/summer clothes. Phew. Sounds like a lot left. Ugh.
Anyway, the puggers and I had lots of fun outside this weekend.





I also did some work out in the barn and the shed organizing all the saddle pads and horse boots. Over the winter, my helper did a deep clean of the barn, but he moved everything around to get that done. So I started putting things back where they belong and getting things organized in there. Definitely a few more days of work to do in there still. But it's a start! I also want to get all the show stuff sorted out and moved back into the trailer. It's only been two years that it's been sitting in an extra stall... No rush still obviously, but I feel like this is the best time to do it.
In other news, my 40th birthday turned out pretty decent! I had a social distant visit from a friend from work who brought me flowers and a balloon:
Got some lovely cards:
Had a zoom with some of my favorite people, AND got this delicious basket of cookies delivered from my bestie:
And of course I made myself a cake which I enjoyed with a little too much Rose.

This weekend's quarantine craft (maybe not a craft... but whatever) was putting together the Lego version of Central Perk.


So that's it from here. How was your past week? How is "The Situation" where you are? 

8 comments:

  1. I got hung up on "shoe closet" and now I have questions and want photos.... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well right now it's a pile of mess because I tossed a bunch of stuff in there when cleaning out the craft room... But once it's re organized I'll share. It actually only houses my dress shoes and off season shoes these days since it's upstairs and I live downstairs. Basically, it is this random TINY room upstairs that has built in shelves on one long wall, and a low pitched ceiling on the other long wall. I wasn't sure what one does with such a room, so it made sense to use it for shoes! It also houses extra purses and wallets and things.

      Delete
  2. We are supposed to be entering Phase 1 as of Friday at 5 pm. So, I invited my mom over for dinner on Sunday. Still no word from the barn, yet. I have a feeling she may not be reopening until Phase 2 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apparently got my phases wrong. We're first getting to phase 1. My bad. My barn is open to boarders, but I haven't gone back yet. I'm thinking very soon though. I'm feeling ready, especially now that it's getting nice and people are riding outside mostly.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are getting to see your ponies! That lego looks pretty fun (I'd consider it a craft - we're building a wooden horse model right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I haven't done anything with them other than feed them treats and face rubs. But I'm starting to think about going back full time soon. I need them back in my life!
      I wanna see the horse model!

      Delete
  4. Great that you got a little pony visit in! Sounds like you are making good progress on the house org. stuff too! It will be great when everything is sorted and it the new shelves etc.

    Things are weird where I am 'cause I'm not a home...so I'm just trying to survive in a city that I don't know well with 99% of things shut down. Fun! lol I do miss my furry kids at home tho, I can tell ya that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to finish this place up! It's amazing how much time it takes to clean up after myself...

      It was so selfless of you to volunteer to do that for work! I hope things are going okay out there!

      Delete