Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

I've been trying to tame my shopping habit of late since I want to have funds to start showing Pammon (and eventually Shiny). But not shopping is so BORING. I mean, I haven't quit altogether. Let's be real, this is me. But I'm trying to stick with things we need (like supplements and horse treats) and not ordering things I don't need like saddle pads and more belts.
Getting the mail is completely unexciting. Nothing but junk mail and bills. Even the UPS deliveries are boring. Smartpaks and horse meds mostly. Ugh. So boring.

I do have a few (mostly unnecessary) orders in the works though that I placed before I told myself to stop being so wasteful.

The first is from Hopeful Equestrian. I ordered a couple baby pads to match my Celeris boots. Shiny doesn't need them since she uses her sheepskin lined pads, but I got two of each color way (one for Pammon and one for Eros, of course). One set will be black with metallic rose gold trim and the other is gray with metallic turquoise. I can't wait for them to get finished!

The other order is from Hufglocken, a smaller Australian company. They have really good pricing on Mattes products. AND they offered a 20% discount site wide, including custom orders. It's hard to say no to that... I have a wish list of things I want from there. Mattes has brushing boots you can customize (though they're VERY expensive).

Definitely a wish list not an anytime soon item
They also have a neat cooler system that I'm definitely going to order for the winter. It's called the Mer system, and attaches to the saddle pad. No bulk from your quarter sheet wrapping around your saddle! And you can get a chest piece too for those really cold days. The negative is that it's made of fleece. Wool would be better. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll just keep some anti static spray on hand.
photo borrowed from the Hufglocken site
I'm not sure why this lady in the photo is wearing a tee shirt and her horse is covered up like it's the middle of winter... But whatever. Anyway, you have to get the saddle pad from Mattes for it to work. It attaches with buttons so you order the pads with button holes.I didn't order either of those things, but I did go ahead and get a couple pads (with button holes in preparation for my future order). I got one for Shiny in our barn colors with the sheepskin underneath since that's been working well for us. And Pammon got just a plain pad in our colors with no sheepskin on it. I already have a half pad from Mattes he can use that will match. So while I was bad in ordering pads... I wasn't as bad as I could have been? Right? I want to get Eros the system too, in the barn's colors. But I didn't! Yet....

Do any of you go ahead and make lists of all the things you want to buy even though you can't? No? Just me? That can't be true. What's on your wish list currently? Has anyone tried the Mer System? Yay or nay?

16 comments:

  1. "not ordering things I don't need like saddle pads and more belts." I read this and thought that we couldn't be friends anymore. And then I read further and realized that we still could. :D :D :D
    My wish list, currently, is this saddle pad: http://www.acavallo.com/ac_product/ac-grip-gel-pad-dressage-ac415/
    but it is very expensive so I am not sure I will ever get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks like a fluffy cloud! Check ebay, I've sometimes found that brand for a lot less on there!

      Delete
  2. I love that saddle pad attachment sheet but I'm with you - not in fleece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking maybe I get one, and see if my stepmom can use that as a pattern to make a wool one?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it? I like how it's totally not bulky, and also can be removed fairly easily while still mounted.

      Delete
  4. I have a huge wish list going in my agenda. It is kinda sad and kinda funny. lol What's on it, you ask? Green BoT stuff for Fred, mini brushing boots for Copper, a halter with embroidered name for Fred (his brothers each have one) a new felt cowboy hat (Congress), new cowboy boots, ariat cruisers, those Rambo zebra fly outfits, new SMB boots for Fred as he has to borrow Spencer's, a stall sign for Fred...etc. etc. I'm also on the hunt for quilted western saddle pads but they aren't very common.

    Poor Fred has been here a year and his wardrobe is severely lacking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a good list going! It will be fun to check some items off when you're ready. Love the BOT stuff, and the green is really pretty. I have to say get the cruisers, they are SO comfy!

      Delete
  5. I started browsing for a grey fly bonnet the other week and somehow ended up ordering the bonnet...and then a matching pair of grey gloves. And now I really want another grey saddle pad for shows. I swear, once you start you just can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really snowballs quickly. It always starts out so innocently... and the next thing you know you're having tall boots made to match!

      Delete
  6. love that cooler - esp that the hooks look like it would keep it from slipping! i recently picked up an opposite type product, one of those cooling blankets. possibly not an essential product, but hopefully likewise something that's useful to have on hand haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you tell us how it works! I've seen them, but wondered if they were worth it.

      Delete
  7. I definitely make lists of all the things I want and need to buy so that way I can work my way through them (or tell people what I want for birthdays etc)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information.
    snagless sally

    ReplyDelete