Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thursdays Threads

Outfit Day! I have a riding outfit and a work outfit today, cause I'm a good blogger... I'll start with Shiny's outfit because she's the cutest pony in all the land.

Bridle: QHP Shiva Bridle
I bought these bridles for the horses awhile back, but since everyone was retired, they're stored away. (For now.) When I got Shiny I decided she needed one too. Yes, the crown, browband, and noseband are green leather! The bridle is really cute! It's not the highest end leather by any means but the price point reflects that. It comes with web reins which aren't really my preference, so I'm going to swap them out whenever I get around to it. Shiny is wearing a cob size, and it fits her perfectly. The bridle comes in a few different color options, I believe there is navy, gray, and burgundy. They also come in plain black or brown, but that's kind of boring... AND they're on sale over at Deco Pony right now. Use code 20OFF to save 20%. The bridle is $125 so with the code it's $100. Not bad for a bridle this cute that comes with reins!
She's also sporting a rainbow bit. I got this one on ebay so I'm not sure of the brand. Punk Ponies carries them though!

Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
Saddle: Butet
You guys didn't think I had only bought one saddle pad for the pony did you? Lol. Do you even know me? I actually bought this one first to see if it was going to work. It was on sale for $40 USD so I figured I'd start with that and see if the design was going to work. When it did, I got the purple one you saw last week. I prefer the more square version than this shaped one. But I like this one well enough too. I hope they come out with some other color options.

Boots: Punk Ponies
Obviously my little golden pony needs golden boots! I bought this pair alone to see how the sizing was, but she has some other colors on the way now. I would have preferred green with this outfit, so I'm looking forward to those getting here! But these worked well with my outfit, so all was not lost.

I decided to match Miss Shiny, because why not?
I like that her pads both have green fleece. I have many items of apparel that work with that!

Helmet: Charles Owen
You guys remember Greenie? I still love this helmet. SO much.

Top: Smartpak
I snagged this one from the clearance section a few weeks ago. Can't have too many sunshirts!

Belt: Pony Locks


My belt made from Jampy's tail arrived not long ago, and I decided it was time to wear it. This really came out beautifully. I HIGHLY recommend Pony Locks if you want something special done with your horse's tail. You can choose the padding color and from a few different designs. This one was my favorite. It has hunter green padding. The hair is braided and you can see it on two sides. There is a break in the exact middle in the back where this nameplate with his name is affixed. And I upgraded to the horse shoe buckle. You can also choose nickle hardware instead of brass if you prefer. It's incredibly well made and the process was very easy.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
These are hunter green, but the photo washed out a bit. TS breeches still fit me the best. I wish that weren't true. But facts are facts.

Boots: Fama 4 All
You guys haven't seen these in a bit! They could use a washing... But they're breaking in nicely and I'm still so in love with them! I mean, how awesome to have your farm logo cut out of your boots?! You'll notice I'm not wearing spurs. It seems my troubles with Shiny were directly related to her hatred of spurs. So I go without and we are both happy now.

So that's what I wore to ride! Here's what I'm wearing at work today:

It's cold and raining, so I needed a sweater. But I still wanted to feel summery so I picked one with a flamingo on it. I'm definitely having a moment with flamingos this year!

Sweater: Modcloth
I think this is so cute with the Flamingo wrapped around the collar. Like a birdie hug all day long!

Belt: Mane Jane
Obviously the flamingo pink belt strap was the way to go here... I have a C4 flamingo belt, but it's aqua and pink and wasn't quite right for the sweater. This was though!

Jeans: Lucky Brand
You guys may notice I've been wearing Lucky Brand jeans a lot lately. They had them on super clearance at Marshalls a few months back, and I totally stocked up. They're so comfy and the fit is really nice for me. So you'll probably keep seeing them.

Shoes: Bucket Feet
I've had these awhile now. I think you've seen them before even. They're SUPER comfy and perfect for a rainy summer day.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing a wire bracelet I made I think last year. It has cute little sleeping flamingos on the ends!

Righty:
Righty is donning the cutest, daintiest, little flamingo bracelet from Pura Vida, my fitbit is in that pretty rosegold wrap bracelet, and the super shiny cuff in back is from Kate Spade.

And that's it for today! Thoughts on flamingos? Any favorites from today? Are you going to get a new bridle from the Deco Pony sale?

11 comments:

  1. You always look so put together :-D That belt is beautiful! I still have some of Promise's tail around here somewhere. Might think about getting one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not always... just on Thursdays! Hahaha!
      Thank you! You should! I'm really impressed with the quality, and it just feels really special.

      Delete
  2. I really wish I had had my ponylocks belt made from Carlos' tail :( still regret his tail disappearing. Your belt looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lost my first heart horse in college, they asked if I wanted some tail and I said no. This was before internet stores and etsy and all of that, so I didn't know what I would do with it. Seemed creepy. But now I wish I had taken it.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. 1) charlie absolutely needs those metallic gold boots omg

    2) Jampy's belt turned out lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Charlie would look stunning in gold! They come in open front too...
      Thank you! I'm so happy with it!

      Delete
  4. Very nice! Love all the pony gear! I would just like to state for the record that it is sooo not fair that the US gets such good deals on everything - sales, shipping, cool items, a good exchange rate (whomp, whomp) compared to here in the North. *sigh* That being said, I do very much enjoy your shopping and outfit coordination!

    Love Jampy's belt - it looks amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The saddle pad came from the UK, so not sure if that helps you any with price? And the boots are from New Zealand. The bridle unfortunately is from the US.
      Thank you! I love the belt so much!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Well, I think you need one... I mean, they're on sale... SO...
      Did you order yet?

      Delete