Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday's Threads


This is some kind of evil joke right? 24, feels like 18 degrees? Winter Weather Advisory for tomorrow? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
On the bright side, I was finally able to wear one of the outfits I've been hoping to don for awhile now. I won't keep you in suspense, here it is:

I thought about wearing different pants... I have some purple coated denim pants that would look pretty cute with the sweater. But when put together with the accessories, it was a bit over the top. Even for me. So I went with black. Let's look closer!

Sweater: Lucy Paris

I actually went hunting for the sweater after I bought the belt you'll see below. I couldn't believe it was actually in existence, AND I was able to find it on sale. All wins in my book! I wound up getting this sweater from a little boutique in Brooklyn who happens to sell online as well. Lucky for me, since it's a one day shipping point! I'm completely obsessed with this oil slick look. I think it became trendy last year, but I just caught on.

Pants: Earl Jeans
I was sure you'd all seen these before, so I didn't take a picture, but then I couldn't find where I'd posted them... So I took this quick. They're just black skinny jeans with rhinestone embellished pockets.

Shoes: Steve Madden
Obviously once I found the sweater, I needed oil slick shoes too... You'd be surprised how hard it is to find such a thing. So when I stumbled across these beauties from Steve Madden, I HAD to have them. Problem was, they were super pricey, and mostly sold out in my size. Thankfully, ebay came through for me. I found them for $28.00 shipped. Miracles DO happen!

Belt: No brand

Ah... the belt that started it all! I found this belt at Marshall's when I was in FL in December. I then found a matching clutch at the Tory Burch outlet, but I didn't use it today. Why you ask? Because I was super late and didn't have time to find it. Story of my life! This is why you should plan ahead. Anyway, the belt is super fun, and has this oil slick/mermaid effect happening. From some angles it looks purple and others it's green. I love it so much! The Tory Burch clutch does the same thing, but it's saffiano leather rather than this snakeskin print. Sorry I can't show you today.

Jewels:
Necklace: Stacie Original
Sometimes I like to go on ebay, pick a search word, and find things that are under $5.00. It's a fun game. That's how I found these horse head pendants. In OIL SLICK finish! Lucky me! They came in a pack of three for $2.19. Shipped. Bargain! I had the two beads and the ball chain around and voila! New necklace to match my outfit.

Arm Candy:
Left:
More Stacie Originals here! The first is a faux leather bracelet with oils slick ceramic beads. The second is a leather bracelet with holographic beads. Not to brag.... But I love them! And you'll recognize my watch of course.

Right:
I put together the chain bracelet from a necklace I got from Deb. I like how it came out, very simple, but fun with that oil slick finish again. The middle bracelet I put together from a bunch of random beads I found laying around. The last one I actually did buy from my favorite online bead shop.

Mittens:
As luck would have it, while I was sorting through clearance one day at Marshalls, I found these convertible mittens that match my sweater. Can you believe it? I had no idea such a thing existed, and there they were for me to find! For $3.00! Yeah, obviously I didn't think twice about them. Sad I have to wear them on March 19th though...

That's what I'm wearing today! What are you wearing? Is it still sweater weather where you are? Opinions on the Oil Slick trend?








No comments:

Post a Comment