Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Recap and Our First Show of the Season: Part 2 Sunday



Sunday was an early morning. Up at 5 AM to get everyone fed and Jampy ready for the show. I needed to leave by 6:45 to have time to lunge and school before classes started. I'm sad to say I have no photos from the show itself, though there was a photographer there so hopefully I will have some later in the week.

Things went pretty well. Jamp was a little excited to be at a horse show and was a bit stronger than I like him to be. But he was more than willing to jump all the fences (and I even remembered the right order every time!). We showed in the Adult Equitation division which consists of one flat class (flat means we show at the walk, trot, and canter only, no jumping) and two fence classes. Equitation is judged on the rider's style and competency. We were second on the flat and seventh and first over fences. That resulted in being Champion of the division! Woohoo! Good boy Jampy!

Next I had two medal classes (also judged on the rider): one for CT and one for New England. In these classes, you earn points throughout the year based on your placings which will qualify you to attend finals in the fall. For CT, the class is judged 50% over fences and 50% on the flat. 12 points will qualify you for finals. For New England, you are judged over fences only. The judge may decide to also have you come back and show over a shorter course called a test. They did not do that on Sunday though, so we just jumped the one round. 10 points qualifies you for finals in this one.

My CT medal class went very well. I left a little close to a couple of jumps, but otherwise it was pretty smooth. The flat phase went very well also and we won the class! That means I only need two more points to qualify for finals. My New England class was pretty similar. I left the ground a bit too close to a few of the jumps but otherwise things went well. We finished in second place. This means I need four more points to qualify. Pretty good start to the season!


The best part about this horse show? I was home by 1 pm! Once home, I unpacked the trailer and let the puggies out. I decided I was starving and HAD to have a Beach Donut. So I walked down to the lake and got one:


Sadly, just after this photo was taken half of it broke off and fell on the street. I figure that saved me some calories though! Plus since I walked to get it and walked home... it's almost like this donut didn't even happen! And whatever, it was worth every calorie anyway.

Following my impromptu donut run walk, I was back in the barn to take care of Ducky and spoil Rio. While he was snacking I admired the foliage coming to life in the yard:


Mmm strawberries...
I was completely done with barn work by 3 and decided to try and get some late day sun. The pugs and I hung out for about an hour by the still not open pool... They love to hide under the lounge chair when the sun gets too hot.





The rest of the day was laundry and general grown up taking care of the house stuff.

Did you have a great weekend?! Do anything fun? Do share! And don't forget to visit me on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/amateuratlarge

2 comments:

  1. great posts!!! check out my new reviews - http://wantonartist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete